Key logging

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by scanner_red, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scanner_red

scanner_red Guest

First let me say I use almost all of javacool's software and think they are great!
    My question is what is a key logger, and does any of javacool's software protect against them. I know generally what key loggers are, but what should I look for, or can I look for anything?

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi scanner_red,

I was looking into keylogger protection a while ago. Someone on this forum ran some tests. You may want to track down that thread. It was pretty informative. In that particular test, if I remember correctly, Giant AS did the best job of the anti-spyware products in finding them, but it did not find them alll. I think System Safety Monitor (SSM) which is generic system guard detected them all since it watches for global hooks. I personally found SSM too unstable at the time (it may be better now), but I did purchase ProcessGuard 3.0 which essentially does the same thing. It looks for, and prevents programs from obtaining global hooks which is the general way that keyloggers hook into the keyboard and screen. Of course, it will not detect hardware keyloggers. You may want to scan the ProcessGuard forum for information on keyloggers and global hooks. I think there has been some discussion now and then.

Rich

3. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

A keylogger is a type of program that records all the keystrokes you type (including passwords, credit card numbers, email, etc.) As you can see, they are VERY dangerous.
    The keylogging program will record all this information, then via email, sends it to the person who's email it is hooked up to.

4. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

There are many programs out there that can detect and remove these keyloggers. AOL Spyware Protection works well, but AOL it self, sucks.
    For you manually to find the Keylogger, well that's pretty hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.