Kernel error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kim F, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim F

Kim F Registered Member

I'm new and reasonably NOT technically literate:blink:

Have been using NOD32 for about a month. Came home on Friday, Windows XP was telling me that my Virus Protection was out of date when I found that the PC's clock thought it was the year 2056 (no-one in the family knows anything about this). I reset the clock, did a full system scan with NOD32, ran Adaware and Spybot.

I am now getting frequent error messages saying "Sorry, kernel error, need to close down, you will lose any unsaved work, do you want to send error report to Microsoft etc.

When I then check NODs status, everythjing looks normal.

Any ideas o_O

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Kim F, welcome to Wilders.

Could you please try the following:

1. Download a fresh copy of NOD32 to your desktop.

2. Uninstall your current version of NOD32 through the Windows Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs.

3. Remove the Eset folder from C Drive> Program Files

4. Install the fresh copy of NOD32 that you downloaded above using "Typical" settings when asked.

5. Check your settings against those found in the following Nod32 Tutorial: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The year 2056? Do you know if the computer was set to the correct time before this happened?

It is possible that the cause of the kernel errors is related to the system clock going crazy, and that it is not NOD32. For example, it could be some sort of hardware problem. However, the crazy system clock could certainly make NOD32 think that it is way out of date, so you may want to reinstall that anyway.

Another question: What happens if you leave the computer turned off for a long time, and then turn it back on? Do you lose your system time? Do you get any sort of weird boot messages?

By the way, which version of Windows are you running? Windows XP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.