kernel bug at generic.c:115!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by k.custers, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k.custers

k.custers Registered Member

Hi,

I used Acronis 8.0 to do my backup.
    Now I have a new desktop with SATA hard drives.
    When I used my boot cd from version 8.0, I get an error that there is no HD.
    So I downloaded the latest version before I buy it, version 9.1.
    But when I boot from cd or USB I can chose between save mode and advanced mode.
    When I choose save mode, I can make a backup/restore, but without network.
    When I choose advanced mode, than I get the following error:

kernel bug at generic.c:115!

Is there a solution for this problem?
    I read the posts on this forum, but i can't find a solution.
    Please help.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  2. Bernt

Bernt Registered Member

I've had the same problem with V10. Some forum entries indicate it's a known problem with newer PCs, but I believe Acronis hasn't fixed it - this is an older thread describing it: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=151380. I've worked around it by using the 'safe version' of the Acronis software, which you can find on the bootable CD (which you have to create yourself).

Hope this helps, cheers, Bernt

3. k.custers

k.custers Registered Member

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.
    I also work around with the save version using a usb hard disk with the image.
    But this is verry slow and i want to backup over the network.

I now disable the "JMicron" in de bios.
    Now the CDROM doesn't work, but booting with an USB must work.
    Now it is possible to recover over network.

Thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by walt s
    Nice work John, It seems pretty certain then that the problem is the JMB363 ... not core 2 duo, not the intel 965 chipset.

Its a solution for bm1 also ... provided he can live with the four SATA ports provided by his ich7r; simply avoid using JMB363 ports and disable it in BIOS.

Not yet good news for i965 chipset owners though...unless they can purchase a SATA CD/DVD drive the JMB363 is needed for its ATA port. SATA DVD drives are still very rare, expensive and quirky.

Cheers,
    Walt S.

hey
    I can confirm that the JMicron is the problem when disabling it works acronis should fix this problem...... thank you ALL (acronis support should learn something from here!!!!)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  4. Bernt

Bernt Registered Member

Hi, I just downloaded Acronis TrueImage Home 10.0.4940, and that fixes the problem for me. Hope it does for you too!

Cheers, Bernt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.