keriver pro snapshot

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by brihy1, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

i have keriver one-click pro on 2 computers and have an external drive for backups for both computers.i made a backup of the 1st computer and when i go to backup the other computer to the same external drive its seeing that folder that has the image of the 1st computer backup and wants me to create a new baseline or incremental backup.how do i get it to create a different folder so each computer has its own set of backups?

2. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi,
    No solution for this condition. To be easy to use, Keriver 1-Click Restore only use the default folder to save image files. Alternatively, maybe you could use Keriver Image instead of using 1-Click Restore. Keriver Image is a full functional imaging and cloning software.

Sorry for the inconvenience of Keriver 1-Click Restore.

Thanks.

3. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

nevermind,read a post in the forum here and got the answers.seems like its more a rollback rx(snapshot)program but keriver stores the snapshots on a different drive(thats nice)but is really slow a creating them.

1.isnt one click-restore an imaging(backup)program?i mean it creates backups/images of the system right?its not like rollback rx where it creates a snapshot of the system.2.another question,if my computer hd goes and i get a new hd and install in the same computer and boot from the one click rescue cd i made can i install that backup image to that new hd?
    hopefully in the future something can be done about storing different pc backups on the same drive(dont use the same folder).thanks

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  4. 2010freesoho

Hi,
    1. Keriver 1-Click Restore is an imaging program.
    2. You can create a bootable CD from keriver image trial version and restore the backup created by 1-Click Restore to a new hd using it.

Thanks.

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi River,

I have created bootable CD from PRO v3, but have not tried it yet.

However, today I created a bootable USB from PRO v3, and it gives error after booting, something like:

"flclover console missing, do you want to manaully search for it"

If I say no, then it reboots.

Can you please check on this?

Best regards,

KOR!

6. 2010freesoho

Hi KOR,
    Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro cannot support USB 3.0 port now and we will add USB 3.0 drivers as soon as possible.
    Now, please insert your USB flash drive into an USB 2.x port or creating a bootalbe recovery CD/DVD temporarily.

Thanks.

7. aladdin

Dear River,

I have installed the Keriver 1-Clk PRO v3 in the BCD using EasyBCD and on a USB using xBoot. In both methods, when on boot, I try to access Keriver 1-Clk restore on boot from either boot menu or from USB 2.x port, I get the following error:

"flclover console missing, do you want to manaully search for it"

If I say yes, then it takes me into DOS and when I type the correct file FLClover.exe, then nothing happens. I don't remember the exact file name now, but I do the "dir" command in DOS and then type the exact file name.

If I say no, then it reboots.

There is a bug somewhere.

Best regards,

KOR!

The v3 reference is to Keriver 1-Clk Retore and not to USB 3.x port.

8. 2010freesoho

Hi KOR,
    Could you see the USB drive in DOS command enviroment? Because I need to confirm whether it's a problem caused by missing an USB driver.

Thanks

9. aladdin

Dear River,

Yes, I can see the USB drive in DOS, and even when I use the FLClover.exe command in DOS nothing happens. I can also do dir in DOS too.

In both methods in doesn't work:

1. USB drive

2. From boot menu in BCD store.

The above are two methods, and USB drive is one method only.

Best regards,

KOR!

10. aladdin

Dear River,

In BCD store method, there is no USB drive involved.

Best regards,

KOR!

P.S. See here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=303906

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  11. 2010freesoho

Hi KOR,
    Thank you for the fast reply.
    Regarding to the "BCD store method", Could you please tell me what files and folders you have copied onto your hard disk as the recovery environment. For 1-Click Restore, you must copy the "sources" folder with all sub-folders (for example: FlcRecoveryConsole ) to the root of the drive.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.