Keriver 1CRP, what's the catch?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by moontan, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I am a senior too. I have used it to make multiple restores also. It works absolutely perfectly. The free version would probably work fine for your class. I am not really sure if the Pro version is that much different, Although I might purchase just to support the project. To me it seems that I could almost replace FDISR with this. Not that they are the same programs at all. I am thinking even the free version could easily provide the same result as FDISR did.
    Maybe it would be nice if they had a USB driven restore in the future instead of the CD version sice USB has now become so popular.

2. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Ok, I will now download the free edition, make 18 copies and start preparing for my next class session:
    "Backing Up Isn't Hard To Do"

Thanks guys,
    Aaron

3. moontan

moontan Registered Member

another one is the ability to mount the image and "pull" any files from it.

mounting the image is done almost instantaneously.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  4. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Hi all,

I would like to ask, is there anyone has restored the original image/snapshot(which is make in a larger size partition) to a smaller partition? Is it work?

I ask this, because I know that Drive Snapshot could not restore the original image to a smaller partition.:D And 1CRP also use "snapshot" method to make image, so I wonder 1CRP is the same or not.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I also want this option. Let's ALL keep reminding Mr Keriver of his promise! :D

P.S. I *think* "Mr Keriver" is He Zhao, who signs his messages just plain "River". (AFAIK, Chinese "He" translates as "river.")

6. moontan

so beside the boot subconsole and the low price, what do you folks think separates Keriver 1-CRP from other imaging apps?
    what do you like about it that makes it different?

7. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi Bellgamin,
    Thanks for reminding me about that and I haven't forgotten that. -:)
    We are working on the multi-language version recently and are testing it now. We will work on that function after the multi-language version is released.

Thanks again.

8. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I tried it recently, and I wasn't that impressed. There were some things I liked about it, such as the ability to store snapshots on another drive, and its low price. But the negative things, for me, outweigh the positive.

1. The restore OS boots every time; there is no "press a key to use" option when booting.
    2. The default boot entry does work for me. I need to use the start Vista option in order for it to boot my Win 7 x64.
    3. There is no option to hide the taskbar icon.
    4. It takes forever to create the "baseline" snapshot, which is not something that you'll see from it's sister application Rollback Rx.
    5. When snapshots are created your drive will become locked, which, again, s not something that you'll see from it's sister application Rollback Rx.

This is one to keep an eye on, but until these things get corrected I'll haev to pass.

9. moontan

chavez,

1-Click is nothing like RX.
    1-Click is an imaging app, RX is an ISR type app.

i don't really think we should put those 2 apps in the same bag for comparison...

10. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Except they are. Your statements are incorrect. There is a definite relationship between Keriver and Horizon Data. That I know for a fact, as I was specifically told that by Horizon Data support. Drive Cloner Rx was written by the same person that has written Keriver Image. If you don't believe me look at the GUI. Do a little research and find out for yourself the base program for all these variations.

Read here and here for starters.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  11. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Keriver Image and Drive Cloner are identical. This is the relationship. Keriver Image (Drive Cloner) is an imaging program, the name says it all. Where as Rx is a snapshot program.

Keriver 1-Click Restore is a baby of Keriver Image (Drive Cloner).

Best regards,

KOR!

12. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Correct!

1CRP is, by design, a simplified, feature-limited imaging program. 1CRP offers only the main features that are essential for very basic imaging efforts. For that reason, 1CRP is much easier to use than any other imager I have tried (& I have tried many).

In this genre -- if someone wants ALL the bells & whistles -- then Keriver Image is the way to go. Or (my own long-time stand-by) Drive Image for DOS/Windows/Linux. There are several other choices in this genre. But Rollback is NOT one of them --

RB : imager : : bicycle : motorcycle

13. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Yes, 1CRP is easy and good for the newbies, but is not good for the advanced users.:D :p

One thing I do not like Keriver Image is that it seems needs to install the program in your system if you want explore the image, right?
    Because I have tried to put it(the plugin provided by the official) into my current WinPE, it cannot open or explore image that created by Keriver Image. It seems a driver for explore image is missed in the plugin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  14. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Actually, your statements are incorrect.
    Keriver is the development company.
    Eazy Image (EazSolution) and Drive ClonerRX (Horizondatasys) are licensed versions of keriver and not the opposite, as Nick10 stated.

Why do you think those drivers are named Cloverm? A Four-leaf clover is the logo of Keriver.;)

Panagiotis

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  15. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Interesting info. When I was using Eaz-Fix's Imaging app, I was always curious as to the naming of it's Cloverm driver.

16. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm kind of confused here. Can this make images while a snapshot program (In my case it would be CMT!) is installed? I've been un-installing/re-installing CMT monthly for my Paragon external HD image. I'd pay for this in an instant if can do what I've asked. Not that Paragon is not very, very dependable.

17. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

I am using this for a while.. very good software a must have IMO:)

18. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

The ability to choose compression or not would be nice. May even speed up the snapshot process. I really like this program because it is what it is.

19. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Geez! I'm really tempted to ditch the greedy and pricey ShadowProtect Desktop. Extremely effective and reliable but sooooo damn expensive. So, this is in NO WAY at all an ISR-type software, is it? I don't want to deal with such software, just plain imagers. My other choice is Active@ Disk Image.

20. moontan

Active@ Disk, from the little i tried, seems like a good app.

i suggest you give both Keriver 1-CRP and Drive Snapshot a try.
    for me, the beauties of these 2 apps is that they have utilities that can schedule a restore at boot without a boot cd/usb.
    Keriver does this from a boot sub-console while DS does it from Windows

it saves me as much as 5 minutes for the wait of the WinPE cd to load.
    5 minutes is not much if it takes you more than 30 minutes to restore an image but when it takes you 8 minutes, that 5 minutes you save seems a lot.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  21. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Installed this yesterday and I have to say that I like it. Taking an image is painfully slow, especially the initial baseline image, but it restores faster than anything else I've tried so far, so it kind of makes up for the slow backup. Simple to use and understand, and of course it's free. Also, nice to be able to restore without a rescue CD. Impressive, so far.

22. Tadoussac

Tadoussac Registered Member

K1CRP website also has a downloadable rescue CD .iso file (easily converted to a rescue USB using xboot) in case your primary HDD is physically dead, will not boot,and you're starting fresh with a new drive. You're protected against all contingencies.

I like this product a lot!

23. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Anyone know how to take the bootable ISO from Keriver and place it on an External USB HD with only 1 partition and loads of data to make the external HD the bootable recovery disc?

24. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

how do you create a schedule a restore at boot on Keriver 1-CRP , i cant fiend it

thanks

25. moontan

with Keriver you have to do this manually with the boot sub-console.

DS does this from a running Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.