Keriver 1-click Restore

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by timcan, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

• An image is 50%'System drive (used space) in my PC. So maybe 62.5 GB to your image.

• «do I need anything special for my computer to boot up or does this program take care of all that for me?» - A special boot screen comes out and you can select to restore option. You can also to burn an "ISO image file which can be used to create a bootable recovery CD/DVD" - here

• «am kinda confused whether this K1-CR is an image program or a snap shot program» - it's not a snapshot app.; it's a image program. Pls see here.

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

@ 2010freesoho

This tread made me wonder if your softwares have some kind of P2P/HIR/Universal Restore feature or, if not, do you plan to add it some when in a future release. I will have nextly to migrate some of my XP system setups to somes snapshots or partition on my new pc.

Also, can I ask if you have an aproximative date frame for when the multi-language (French particularly, for me and my relatives) version of Keriver Image will be available?

Thanks in advance, River, for any related info you could provide here!

3. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi ruinebabine,
    Regarding to the P2P/HIR/Universal Restore feature, we plan to add it in the future version. It will take some time and will not come recently.

Regarding to the multi-language version, we've almost finished it and but it need more tests now.

Best,
    River

4. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Hope that your P2P/HIR/Universal Restore feature can support 3-party drivers injecttion and HAL change.

One suggestion to you is that if Keriver 1-click Restore can support browsing the backup/snapshot file to select the file to restore will be more convenient. It is because I have tried to delete the config file for the snapshots, it did not detect any snapshots:p. That means when the config file for the snapshots was lost, users could not restore.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I would like the program even more, when the boot delay (displaying the boot options) would be more like Rollback RX or Comodo's Time Machine

6. 2010freesoho

Hi andylau,
    Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro 2.1 supports to recovery files from a snapshot with the function "Recovery files".

Thanks.

7. 2010freesoho

Yes, the boot menu of Rollback Rx is very neat and I hope we could develop a similar boot UI soon.

Thanks.

8. andylau

What's new for Version 2.2 (Build 2696065632)? ( released on February 22nd, 2011.)

1. Adding multi-language support.

9. 2010freesoho

Hi andylau,
    The supported languages are: English, French, German, Polish and Chinese

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have installed 1-Click pro for the first time since buying it in January.

Have had some little issues, like it didn't load the tray icon. But, I fixed that by looking in services and saw that RescueServ was stopped. I started it, and then loaded the tray.exe successfully. See screenshots.

However, after another reboot this morning it still does not appear automatically in the tray at startup.

Attached Files:

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Also, I noticed..."service is not supported for drive C:...", and that it was a bit heavy with CPU usage. See screenshots. Just wondering if this is normal?

Attached Files:

12. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

1CRP will not image to the same partition whereat is located your OS & other system stuff.

A primary purpose for imaging is to restore your system in case of crash, infection, etc. If 1CRP is on the same partition as where your system is located (normally drive C) then it will be unable to restore that partition - for obvious reasons.

As to CPU usage, it is very low when 1crp is not actively making an image. E.g., thus far today I have used my computer 11+ hours & 1crp's cpu usage is 1.712 seconds. Graphs from a moment ago . . .
    ScrHunt01 03-Apr-11.gif ScrHunt02 03-Apr-11.gif

13. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Hi bellgamin,

Thanks for chipping in with your info...

I was aware if that.

You can see from my screenshot that I had elected to store the snapshot in a separate internal drive, so I was a little confused about the "C: (E_UNEXPECTED)" part from my earlier post.

Attached Files:

14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Oh, I see.

I suggest PM to 2010freesoho (&/or email to <support at keriver dot com>) to call his attention to this thread.

15. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I thought he would check the forum regularly.;)

Now, I have been having another problem with Emsisoft Anti-Malware > posted a few minutes ago in their forms > http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/4...update-any-longer/page__pid__24015#entry24015

I can't but think it has something do with ShadowDefender being installed on Sunday morning and 1-Click Restore installed on Sunday afternoon.

So convinced that I have uninstalled 1-Click Restore, or at least, tried to but I think that it has been botched, too.

I got a popup that that it was uninstalled successfully, but I think not, there was too much left behind. Especially, when you see Abort/Retry messages...:(

Edit: strike through/thru

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  16. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You have a LOT of security programs running in real-timeo_O :blink: Do you need all of these, particularly where there is a distinct overlap?

For example, do you need Keriver when you have FirstDefense?

17. andylau

Keriver is an imaging software

FirstDefense ? I think it is a snapshot software, right?:D

They are not the same type of software:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.