Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro 2.0 is already released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by 2010freesoho, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

My baselines are almost exactly 50% of the size of my system partition.

I use differential snapshots. Have never tried incrementals.

The size of my snapshots varies widely, depending on how many changes I have made to my system partition. Sometimes snapshots are only a few hundred MBs, & sometimes a few GBs -- it all depends on what usage/changes my system partition has undergone since the previous snapshot.

In any event, I make images to a secondary internal HD that is 500GB, plus I alternate (every few weeks) by instead making images to an external HD that has several Terabytes -- I forget how many -- so I am rather nonchalant concerning size.

If HD space is an issue for you, then my answer to your question is "Yes!"

OTOH, why not buy a secondary HD? BIG-capacity HDs are cheap nowadays.

1CRP is a imager for those who want simplicity. If you want a full-featured imager, Keriver makes a very good one. Its name is "Keriver Image" (what else?). Try it. If you like it, send a PM to 2010freesoho -- he might give you a special discount.

2. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi,
    Thanks to mata7 and noons for choosing Keriver 1CRP.

I'm sorry for the delayed reply because we are talking about the holiday discount recently. Anyway, the price will not be cheaper than the price we give to the members at Wilders. I have sent the coupon to everyone who asked.

Thanks to everyone!

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

2010freesoho, thank you very much. :) (your pm's are full)

4. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thank you very much, one question this program have system try icon?

cause on my pc i only have take snapshot, i have win7 x64 Pro

5. bellgamin

The sys tray icon is a blue triangle with a bolt of red lightning.

ScrHunt03 05-Dec-10.gif

(I am running WinXP SP3 32-bits; there4 your mileage may differ. Hopefully 2010freesoho will answer your question soon.)

6. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks then i belive i download a old version is 1.1 i think, i download that file from the link of regnow after purchase the software, going to download now from the web site and reinstall

edit= is all good now after download and install the new version from Keriver site

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  7. 2010freesoho

Hi Panagiotis,
    1. I tested it in a vm and is simple great.
    As other members requested an easy way to create a bootable cd, iso and flashdisk is a must.
    As a temporary way to create a bootable cd, we will provide a PLUGIN for BartPE and/or UBCD4WIN and an ISO file to download, which can be used to burn into a CD/DVD to create a recovery CD/DVD.

2. I have a question though. Have you changed the default setting from incremental to differentials? And how 1-click can handle deleted older images if the users prefer incrementals?
    Yes, We have changed the default setting from incremental to differential for backups created after the initial full backup. If users want to delete an incremental snapshots, we will prompt users that all the snapshots which depend on the snapshot being deleted will also be deleted.

3. River forgot to mention that now you have the ability to create backups from the recovery environment (outside the OS), handy for those that do not like hot images.
    Yes, I should mention that function because I also like to create backups from the recovery environment. :)

Thanks again for your comments.
    River

8. 2010freesoho

9. 2010freesoho

Hi,
    1. Great but I would also like if we'd be allowed to create a boot CD for that...
    We are working on this function and we are considering to provide this function before the version 3.0 releases.

2. What would be the procedure to activate our license offline, please?
    Please just send email at support@keriver.com

Thanks,
    River

10. 2010freesoho

Thanks to bellgamin for your great answers.

River

11. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear Bellgamin.

It is good to know that the 64 bit version of Keriver 1-Clk Restore is released now.

Do you know if Keriver Image works with 64 bit operating system?

12. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thinks that in my opinion this software needs

restore from windows select snap that you want to restore and comp reboot and restore automatic like RB-RX or Acronis or Ghost and recovery CD for emergency moments

so far i really love this program is slow compare to others backup software but i can deal whit that few more min is no the end of the world, so i will keep using it, also i love the support from 2010freesoho he is a really helpful guy

my 2 cents :)

13. aladdin

Hi,

I tried it on two different Windows 7 x64 laptops. On the first laptop, it created a snapshot of about 50gb in less than 15 minutes. I believe most probably ten or so minutes.

On the second laptop, it started the snapshot and after few seconds, gave an error about VSS. It tooks about more than 50 minutes to do about 54% and then I stopped it.

I am not sure about the VSS error. Can anyone help me?

Basically, it said that there is no VSS on my hard disk.

Don't know about VSS much. But I have the restore turned on for the 'C' drive. Also, the 'C' drive properties shows the 'previous version'. The VSS is set to start manually, I did stop and restarted it again. Tried the snapshot once more and it gave the same error.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

KOR!

14. bellgamin

Sorry, I do not know.

2010freesoho -- please answer the King's question.

15. 2010freesoho

We are working to make Keriver Image support 64-bit VSS. I think we will release it in one week.

Thanks,
    River

16. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Must the user uninstall Keriver Image 4.1 before installing Keriver Image 5.0 Beta?

Thanks.

17. aladdin

Hi River,

Thanks for your above response, your prompt email support response and offering me a discount for the purchase of Keriver Image.

Please have a look at my above post #63 and see what you think about it?

I posted it above instead of support email so that we all can benefit from it!

Best regards,

KOR!

P.S. Now you know my real name! :)

18. 2010freesoho

Hi, Sorry for the VSS problem of Keriver products and thanks for choosing Keriver products. :)

Regarding to the VSS issue, I'm not sure what happened on your computer. But you know, 'ntbackup' is the built-in backup program in Windows which will invoke VSS when it backups. So, could you please run 'ntbackup' to check whether VSS can start successfully? In this way, we can determine whether it's a bug of Keriver products.

Best Regards,
    River

19. aladdin

Dear River,

You don't have to apologize as it is one of the finest product out there, and as a new baby it has some teething problems.

Right now I am downstairs doing a snapshot on my desktop and it is going marvelously. My laptop is upstairs and I will check on it later about 'ntbackup'.

However when I checked on my desktop, I couldn't find 'ntbackup' on my desktop. I forgot to tell you that I am using Windows 7 x64.

Maybe, it is called something else on Windows 7 x64.

Best regards,

KOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.