Keriver 1-Click Restore (imager) 50%discount

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bellgamin, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Keriver's 1-Click Restore Pro (1CRP) has a 50% discount coupon (HEZH-675E-SALE) until 17 October 2010. Thus, net cost of 1CRP is only $10.

1CRP is a full-on imaging program, that enables recovering from even the most severe disasters -- hard drive failure or replacement, major infections, OS freeze-up, etc. It is also very useful for restoring your computer to pristine condition after trialing a new software and deciding you do not want to keep it:

+The best uninstall routine is to restore an image.

+The best clean-up for an infection is to restore a clean image.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Details of 1CRP's features:
    I have been using 1CRP for almost 2-weeks. During that time I have made over 14 images, and have done ~5 restores. All went off without a hitch. 1CRP is THE easiest imager I have ever used.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1CRP's Tech Support person has joined Wilders. His replies to support questions are posted in the "backup, imaging & disk mgmt" forum. His user name is "2010freesoho". The current thread about 1CRP questions/comments is HERE.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Is it true that there is no current x64 support? I would need to test it to see how it work, and if it has the features I need before I buy.

3. bellgamin

I am running 32-bit so I cannot answer your question by my own experience.

In THIS post 2010freesoho said as follows:
    2010freesoho's post only mentioned Keriver Image but I *suppose* the reply also applies to 1CRP. Hopefully he will answer your question after the weekend.

4. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

In a PM I sent asking about 1-CRP asking about 64 bit support I got the following answer. Thank you for your message.

Yes, We are planning to support Win7 64bit fully and It's not a difficult issue and I guess that we will make it compatible with 64 bit in two months
    Hope this helps.

5. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Thanks for the replies of bellgamin and squid13.

Hi n8chavez,
    Keriver 1-Click Restore will support partially 64-bit version of windows just like Keriver Image at the end of this month (October) and we will support Win7 64bit fully at the end of November.

6. zach

zach Registered Member

How does 1-Click Restore compare to RollBack RX

7. bellgamin

That question was discussed HERE and HERE.

Another significant difference (IMO) -- 1CRP will rescue you from a system disk failure whereas (AFAIK) RB will NOT rescue you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@2010freesoho - - - I would like to buy a 1-year license NOW -- before the sale expires on 17 October. I want to give a friend that license as a gift for Christmas. Therefore, I want to know when the license year will start . . .

1- Will the license year start on the date when the license is purchased?

OR

2- Will the license year start on the date when the license is first used or activated?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way - - - 1CRP is working GREAT. I have already used it multiple times to restore my computer to a prior state after I have tested some software. There is NO uninstaller that works as good as an image restore.

I am eagerly looking forward to the updated version promised by 2010freesoho.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  8. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Same question here. When would the license year start on a x64 system?

9. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

2010freesoho had already responded in your license question (for Keriver Image).

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1753749&postcount=39
    I guess the same would be for "1-Click Restore".

ps. According to the Keriver Image End User License Agreement(EULA)
    http://www.keriver.com/keriver_image/license.html
    Panagiotis

10. zach

zach Registered Member

Thanks bellgamin Those two discussions explained alot.

11. bellgamin

Pandlouk's comment & link (below) should give you a pretty good idea of the answer to your question. I would be satisfied to "go for it" if the license was for me. But it is to be a Christmas gift so I want to be a bit more certain that I am correctly understanding 2010freesoho's comment (linked by Pandlouk). Please see my further comments below.

Thanks Panagiotis. I *think* I understand that verbiage, but I wouldn't want a gift license to expire in mid-stream because I misunderstood.

I would HOPE that 2010freesoho will come along and say straight out that "the license year will start on the date when the license is first used or activated." Or else say straight out if that is NOT the case.

By the way, I have grown quite fond of 1CRP. Are you using it? If so, opinion?

Even though I like 1CRP, I haven't uninstalled Image for DOS. I use IFD approx every 2 weeks, & use 1CRP every time I try something new, or at least weekly (whichever comes sooner). Basis: Ecclesiates 4:9-10 :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  12. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I'll buy it this week. Since bellgamin says it works and likes it...the price is really nice, I guess it will be great to have it.

13. pandlouk

I played with it for a week (installed 7 32bit only for this) and now I restored my 64bit.

I love it and have not noticed any bugs, but for the moment I 'll wait for the 64bit version.

Panagiotis

14. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

This looks good, however, at some point one would have so many incremental backups that they'd want to start over with another full backup. I'm sure its not that hard but I have seen no mention of it on their website.

Anyone knows what it takes to do it?

15. bellgamin

The proponents of 1CRP have promised to add that feature in a forthcoming update to 1CRP.

In the meantime, the method I use is . . .

1- Locate the folder "Keriver 1-Click Backup Folder" -- that is the folder where 1CRP keeps its image snapshots.

2- Delete all files of file type .ego

3- Do NOT delete file "grubmbr.bak" -- that file is a backup of MBR

The above actions will cause Keriver to start over with a new baseline image the next time you tell it to do a backup. (By the way, before deletion, I also copy the .ego files over to another area -- just in case I someday want to go waaaay back when restoring an image.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other updates promised by 2010freesoho (a representative of Keriver software) are discussed throughout THIS thread.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  16. pandlouk

For the moment, either manually as Bellgamin said or by using a simple script. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1754073&postcount=47

Panagiotis

17. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Thanks for the information. I thought there would be a workaround.

Thanks again!

EDIT: With all the positive comments in this thread, I splurged and spent the $10.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  18. 2010freesoho

@2010freesoho - - - I would like to buy a 1-year license NOW -- before the sale expires on 17 October. I want to give a friend that license as a gift for Christmas. Therefore, I want to know when the license year will start . . .

1- Will the license year start on the date when the license is purchased?

OR

2- Will the license year start on the date when the license is first used or activated?

The answer is: The license year start on the date when the license is first used or activated.

Thanks.

19. 2010freesoho

Thank you, Bellgamin. Your reply is great and I'm sure that we will release an update version at the end of this month to solve this problem.

20. 2010freesoho

Thank you for choosing Keriver 1-Click Restore Pro and we will do our best to impove it better and better.

21. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Belligamin,

Took your advice and bought it about 2 hours ago. Will wait for the x64 release to activate the license.

Many thanks,

KOR!

22. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

I have a question about K1CR. I realize that it is an image program. My question is how fast does the program restore a stored image? My guess is the speed is about the same as other image programs with the convenience of multiple scheduled images to choose from at boot up. Am I wrong?

Still looking for a Windows 7 64bit ISR that is currently supported.

SourMilk out

23. bellgamin

The time required for any image software to Make or Restore an image is dependent on the size of the Hard Drive being imaged.

In my case, for my given HD size, I find that 1CRP is a hair faster at restoring than other imaging software I have used. 1CRP is significantly faster at creating an image because, unlike other imagers I have used (poor fellow that I am), 1CRP does incrementals after its baseline is established.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way, I haven't mentioned this before, but it is prudent to use OTHER THAN your system drive as the drive for saving images. That way, 1CRP can rescue you if your system drive goes belly up. (Back-up the data drive; Image the system drive; Pray often; That's how I do it.)

But you folks already knew this, right? o_O

24. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Mahalo for the reply bellgamin. Think I will wait this one out seeing I am mostly satisfied with my current imaging regimen. Auto incremental images sounds pretty cool though. Prayer does too. ;) Always have a clean offline image 'cause it's good for you. Good luck to all.

SourMilk out

25. bellgamin

17 Oct 2010 is the last day to buy a license for the imaging program 1-Click Restore for $10 (half-price).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.