Kerish Doctor - extra year free!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mayahana, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

LOL I never realized this even existed.. Amazing!

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

There you go! :D

Also, I booted away into one of my other snapshots...and then booted out of that one, back into the one that has Kerish...All Ok!

ScreenShot_KerishDoctor_Statistics and Report_05.gif

3. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I've actually had Kerish catch malware.. When I installed Kaspersky on my daughters PC in a mis-adventure away from Norton a few weeks back, Kaspersky let some 'crapware' through, Kerish picked it up! From what I read, Kerish used to have a full fledged AV, and instead moved it into this product as an 'added bonus'. It's there, used or not, and isn't intrusive, so I can't complain. Kerish also stops some modification of things, like Hosts, etc.

4. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations,

Do you know what full fledged AV it had? I really like this Kerish Doctor, nice software.

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

And, is light enough on my system...
    ScreenShot_Kerish Doctor_light enough on my system_01.gif

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I have error repair turned off as the scan for errors gives a single false positive on my computer. When I get around to reporting the false positive and they fix it, I will turn error repair on.

Other than that, I do a full scan every few days, when I suggests I do so (which it does when it's a few days since you've done a scan).

7. roger_m

It was entirely their own product - Kerish Antivirus 2005.

8. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I emailed them about the AV part.

They said they source malware sigs from honeypots, and inhouse lab.

9. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thanks Roger :)

10. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

BTW, I was searching for reviews of KD and I couldn't find any? And when I look at all the "awards", I mostly get to see unknown download sites. I do get to see a reference to SC magazine from 2009, which is reputable. But when searching for it, I couldn't find it being listed.

http://www.kerish.org/en/product.php#awards

11. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Relatively unknown product. I didn't even know about it myself until someone posted here about it a couple months ago. I'm shocked at how good it is, and now consider it a primary tool in my arsenal.

12. Rasheed187

Well, it's kinda weird, I read that it's at least 8 years on the market. Talking about bad marketing.

13. roger_m

It's over 9 years, with the first version being released in 2005. I think they're just a small company and their product is better known in Russia where they are based.

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Maybe getting mentioned on Wilders will help their profile. It certainly can't hurt. ;)

15. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Do you use it now Tarnak? I'm usually hesitant to use tools like this, but it behaves well, and keeps things really tight.

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have used it in one of my snapshots...I may take up the two years for the price of one offer.

17. Rasheed187

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I got myself a license for KerishDoctor... 2 years for the price of one year. :)

19. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

:thumb::thumb:

20. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

I installed the trial version on my work laptop. I didn't have a lot of time to "play" with it. One question, though--do you just accept everything that it suggests that you fix? I assume that you don't?!

21. Adric

Adric Registered Member

The GUI is not DPI Conform. If you use 125%. some of the objects on some of the windows cannot be accessed because scroll bars are missing. I ran a scan on and the majority of the problems listed were registry related and some were questionable. My first impression on SW is usually correct, so I uninstalled.

22. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Well if you have registry issues, those will surely popup.. What were you expecting? I have not found any 'questionable' items, can you elaborate? I have 26 machines now with this running between my home and friends/family, and we've only experienced positive things so far. (all are licensed legitimately) No clue about DPI, never changed it on any machines.

Alex: I usually accept everything, never had an issue, But you can decline them.

23. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Well to each his own, but this program is not for me.

K1.jpg K2.jpg K3.jpg K4.jpg

24. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Why is your resolution so abysmal?

support@kerish.org

They've solved my 2 issues within a week with patches. Very good dev team IMO.

25. roger_m

@Adric I get the exact same Windows Startup false positive on my Thinkpad. I just double checked and it is a definite false positive, so I have emailed Kerish about it so they can fix it. It's the only false positive KD gives me.

I linked to your post in my email so hopefully they will look at the other issues you have too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.