kerios 4

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by scartissu, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scartissu

scartissu Registered Member

is anyone else haveing as much trouble with this version of kerios as I am?? I used the earlier version with few problems . but this newer version..seems to arbitrarily just decide to stop communication with a site that i have specificaly told it to allow. I installed this on a clean system and of coarse expected a bit of learning curve. but this has been a couple weeks now..I have tweeked the settings and would like to keep useing kerios but not like this.is there something I am missing about this newer version?

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

4x is buggy as hell even though its the 10th version after the first release so far, you can read all about it on their official forums.
    http://forums.kerio.com/

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi scartissu

A lot of mixed reviews on v4.x, some like it, some don't.
    Is it rules problems or the new web filtering?

Regards,

CrazyM

4. scartissu

scartissu Registered Member

it's the new web filtering..the rules aren't giving me a problem.funny thing is that I installed the same version on my xp system and no problems ,not like the win98se .maybe it's cause I use mozilla on the xp and IE on 98se.?I went to the site that was suggested and read the forums..methinks i will go back to my 2.1.5 version ..seems like 4 is not so good for 98.
    thnx 4 the tips. wow snowing like crazy here on the west coast.

5. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Kerio was my personal favorite of the free firewalls with version 2.

When they brought out version 4 i could still use it for free without the web filtering after 30 days.

When doing an open ports check on grc there always seemed to be randomly open ports, and i couldnt figure out why?

So i`ve now gone back to outpost firewall.
    I may use kerio again, but not untill all of the bugs are sorted with V4.

6. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Whatever happen to Kerio Beta 5 ? It had so much potential. Ran real well on my Windows ME. o_O
    Oh well :(

7. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Beta 5? Unless you were testing WinRoute, the only thing that you might be talking about was Kerio 3, and that was abandoned for some reason. However when you compared Kerio 3 beta, and Kerio 4, Kerio 3 was the better program.

8. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Yea I went back to the Kerio Forum and it was Version 3 Beta 1-2-3-4@5.

9. Nought

Nought Guest

They abandoned version 3 entirely in favour of version 4. You can find more hsitory on the subject here >> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio

The forum on dslreports pretty much died after the Kerio team abandoned version 3 and released the first versions of 4. There has been little improvement in over ten versions of the firewall, it's all very disappointing. Some devoted members are still willing to give v4 a chance if the Kerio team ever comes around to fixing some serious bugs. Instead they still seem to concentrate on the interface and not the firewall engine. Makes one wonder if they are even capable enough to develop a firewall at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.