KERIO Is it posible to stealth OS and browser

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zorrozorrito, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zorrozorrito

zorrozorrito Guest

Hi, I am using KERIO firewall 4, and I went to www.scan.sygate.com to prove me firewall, every thing was stealth, except my OS (xp) and my firewall (IE 6). So I want to know if it is possible to stealth them too.
    Another question is that it detected lookback , can you explain this please? I use dialup connection and an internet tweaker:TWEAKDUN, to accelerate muy downloading.
    Thanks for your answers.

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi zorrozorrito

Your browser providing this information to visited web sites is normal and not the same as blocking/stealthing ports with your firewall. From a privacy perspective some user like to block this information, but it can affect functionality when browsing some sites. Some firewalls, including Kerio v4 (paid version), have web content filtering options which allow the user to block some or all of this information. Not having used the latest version of Kerio, I am not familiar with it's web content filtering.

The online scan detected loopback?

Loopback or localhost communication is something that occurs on your system, basically your system talking to itself. This is also normal and generally nothing to be concerned about.

People who use third party proxies (ie. Proxomitron) for filtering web content need to be aware of localhost traffic as appliations configured to access the Internet via the proxy may not be seen as doing so by some firewalls.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. zorrozorrito

zorrozorrito Guest

Thanks, so that it is normal that using a tweak program for internet do this !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.