Kerio help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by rebarnes, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebarnes

rebarnes Registered Member

I have used Tiny Personal Firewall forever. I just installed Kerio PF to replace it.

While I was tweaking the settings, I believe I turned on the password protection to admin and logs.

I have no idea what the password is. I actually beleive that it does not have one.

So I thought if I uninstalled it. Then reinstalled it everything would be reset. I was wrong.

Next I tried uninstall and clean registry. That didn't work either. When I reinstall it is still looking for a password to the admin and logs.

It must have a key in the registry.

Does anyone know where it is? And or how to resolve this?

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Close(end task if you have to) the firewall, and then open the folder with its configuration files 'x:\program files\kerio\personal firewall', rename persfw.conf to whatever.conf

Now run the program again, it will have its default rules, and you will import whatever.conf You can now disable the the administration password, you will have your old rules back, and do not click 'ok' until you have disabled the admin passwords.

If that doesn't help using the default rules to access the administration, you have something preventing the localhost communications between the engine and the driver. Maybe a bad uninstall of the firewall is the problem, but have not seen this happen before with Tiny or Kerio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.