Kerio Firewall does not start...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by squash, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squash

squash Registered Member

I have Kerio Firewall 4, and it would not start up in Windows XP. Sometimes it would start up successfully but most of the time it would not. When the service fails to initalized, I tried going to start > programs > kerio > firewall engine and the firewall would still not start. I may think the problem is because I start lots of security programs at startup. If I say have only AVG and Kerio, then kerio would always load.

But currently I have Spyware Guard, PrevX, AVG, Abtrusion and Process Guard to also load on startup. That means I have to sacrifice all my security apps just for kerio to start.

I have looked at alternatives and only Zone Alarm is the only firewall that is the most stable and not prone to not loading up. But I would like to fix this Kerio Firewall problem first, as it is my first choice of firewalls. If not, I will have to switch to Zone Alarm.

I am using my backup Windows XP firewall at the moment.

Anyone experienced this, or know how to solve this odd problem?

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Why not give Kerio 2.15 a try, also NetVeda is a good alternative to Zone Alarm although there is nothing wrong with Zone Alarm either. You also have an option with Jetico which features a truly good packet filter along with app control.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Squash - I assume you've already tried posting your problem in the Kerio forums? I don't know why Kerio isn't loading, but if it is a conflict with other security programs then it might be best to just use ZA. It's a good firewall as well.

4. squash

squash Registered Member

Thanks both for your replies.

I got rid of Kerio and switched to Zone Alarm, everything is now good. Stable, trustworthy ZA. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.