Kerio 2 keeps crashing

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by datalice, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datalice

datalice Registered Member

Hi,

Those here who also monitor www.dslreports.com might have come across a series of posts by me sometime last year. For reference, here's the URL: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10575253

Here's a link to a screen capture of the Error popup:

Kerio Error

In any case, I've just uninstalled and re-installed Kerio 2.1.5 which has not helped to resolve the problem in any way. I've noticed that visiting some web forums would invariably cause such a crash. There seems to be something in the way these web sites are written which would trigger Kerio to shut down.

To date, I've tried using various browsers but the bug seems to be browser-independent.

I would hate to have to switch from Kerio 2 as it is to me the perfect PFW in all other aspects. However, this bug is quickly making my surfing impossible. The DSLreports forum have not been able to come up with any solutions. I hope someone here might have better luck.

Please help if you can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  2. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

try using "harden-it" from www.yasc.net ...maybe it's a TCP-IP stack problem?
    tried using a router/hardware firewall or some other software firewall along with kerio to block those "bad" packets that kerio 2 doesn't?... obviously, they shoud be caught BEFORE kerio can think of them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.