Kerio 2.1.5 compatability problem with panda titanium

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mr2cents, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

I'm not sure if this should go in the firewall forum, or other antiviruses. I've got kerio 2.1.5 installed. I love this firewall. A few days ago, I downloaded a trial version of panda titanium antivirus. Titanium 2005 has a firewall now (sygate) During the installation of panda...You are given a choice if you want to download the firewall and antivirus, or just the antivirus only.

I chose not to install the firewall, as I know you can't run 2 firewalls at the same time..unless you want lots of problems :D After installing the antivirus only. I rebooted the computer. Kerio refused to boot up. A message came up from kerio ...I don't remember the exact words..something about a driver issue.. ff can't find driver, or something like that. :rolleyes:

I started kerio up manually. It came up very slow, and then I couldn't get on the internet. Kerio was blocking the internet connection, I guess :rolleyes: What to do now? I rebooted, same message came up. I run windows me..so I went into msconfig and disabled kerio to start at startup. I uninstalled panda, then reinstalled titanium with the antivirus and firewall both. I really liked panda, but I wasn't about to give up kerio 2.1.5 for any antivirus..I don't care how many awards any antivirus has won.. and it's the best thing since sliced bread. Kerio will stay, and the antivirus will go. That's just the way I feel about it. :cool:

Has anyone else had this problem with kerio and panda? This really surprised me, because I had been running trend micro 2005 for about 2 months...I chose not to install the firewall with trendmicro (pccillin sp?) Trend micro and kerio got along just great together :D

2. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

I had the same problem with Panda, Tiny 6 and PG3.15. Just wanted to try the AV. I can't remember but Panda seemed to install a proxy server (somethng like proximitron).. I had Tiny 6 do a tracking (so it wouldn't give me a lot of grief). Anyway on reboot, Panda was spawning files like crazy. I could connect to the net (I think), but couldn't update Panda. Anyway, I unisntalled Panda and Tiny (since time was nearly up).

btw, there were a lot of remenants of Panda after the uninstall.

Good luck

3. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Hi JayTee. Panda did start a proxy in my computer. I thought what is going on here. I don't run a proxy :rolleyes: I knew before I installed panda that it is famous for leaving remnants in the registry after uninstalling it.I always backup my registry with winrescue before installing any software. After uninstalling panda. I restored the previous registry backup before installing panda. That took care of all the remnants. I also ran jv16 power tools, but didn't find any remnants of panda in the regestry....except for files that were there from the online scans I do with panda.

I also recall seeing some files while panda was installed that were panda firewall files. Even though I didn't install the firewall. What a shame. Panda is a great antivirus. especially since they have truprevent technology. A good way to turn a good product into a piece of garbage. :D

4. Diver

Diver Guest

Pand atitanium installs 10 or 11 services. It starts with over 40 MB of memory, but swaps down to about 25. The interface does not tell you much, and gives less user control than just about any other AV. At least it has good detection rates.

5. Erronius

Erronius Registered Member

Just a thought, try adding Kerio to Panda's exclusions and see if that helps.

Regards,
    Erronius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.