kerio 2.1.5 BSOD

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chrcol, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Hi

Frustrated today to turn my monitor on to be faced with a BSOD, fwdrv.sys which I believe is kerio, is this a known bug with kerio? if so is there a workaround because if it starts crashing regurly I will need a new firewall and I dont like most of the other firewalls.

thanks

2. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I remember there was some imcompatibity with one popular software.
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio
    Check above forum since I never have had one.

Best to use the search feature with your existing software since the forum otherwise is not showing earlier threads.
    Best wishes

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello chrcol,
    I have not had any BSOD with Kerio 2.1.5 myself.

What other security applications have you installed.

4. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Kerio 2.1.5 has problems with PerfectDisk 7.x & 8.x but if you don't run PerfecDisk you shouldn't have any problems.

5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

not using perfectdisk and I have tried searching for BSOD and got no answers :(

thanks I really hope this is a one off.

6. 12fw

12fw Registered Member

I have.

One fix was just to replace the \Device\ back in the registry. It was part of my hardening windows steps.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\NetBT\Parameters\ TransportBindName \Device\

\Device\ was replaced and in the other Control Set and in the CurrentControl. This was my own fault that it happened. The other issue was remmants from previous firewall drivers.

Check the drivers folder of WINDOWS\system32 for any left over drivers.

Check the Device Manager and use the Show Hidden Devices... in the View of the toolbar. Any left over drivers will have the values displayed in the properties. Use those values in the Find of the reg edit and they can be safely removed.

Removing the left over drivers could solve the situation.

Another issue is the possibility of too many kernel drivers. Too many software using the TCP/IP at the same time could be the issue. Sometimes too much of a good thing is not the best.

12fw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.