Kephyr Bazooka

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Anyone know if they are still around. The website has been down for a couple of days now.

2. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

i was wondering what others thought of this program...it scans very fast...
    is it similar to Stinger or something?

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

It is fast because its database contains only 604 objects. It is not updated much anymore either. The last update was 131 days ago and now the website is down. I use it only for very quick scans when I log off for the day along with UnHackMe and a critical areas scan with Kaspersky. For full scans I rely on Kaspersky AV and SUPERAntispyware once a week or so. I will miss Kephyr if it is gone. It was just a nice little program.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Useless!

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

I learned a long time ago that this scanner just scans names of files w/o looking into the contents and so. So speedy, so useless and therefore users are so happy---no infections. :thumbd:

6. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

thats too bad...good name for a scanner

7. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Well, it was the ONLY one that found a trojan for me. My AV, spybot, and spywareblaster didn't find it either. Stays on my machines as a safety valve. Believe the reason for no updates is because the author is working on a new program. If you go to the web page you can read about it.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s not the job of SpywareBlaster.

9. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I've had this for quite a long time, just recently uninstalled due lack of support. It works by very rapidly scanning files, and identifying anything on a blacklist. At that point you can go to the website for good instructions on how to remove the nasty; it doesn't clean-just scan.
    As such, were it still updated, it would be a useful addition, I believe, and the time it found something, the instructions offered taught me a bit about what sort of things needed removing, how, and when (Use of safe mode, how to kill a running process etc.)
    If the author is able to see his way to supporting it again, I'd re-install it in a flash. It's very fast, very light,and has a very cool sound.:D

10. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

The website is back up tonight. No updates to Bazooka, but I see the new program "FreeFixer" currently in beta.

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Bazooka detects malware, but doesn't remove it. The user has to remove the reported malware manually, based on instructions given on the website. This scanner is totally out-of-date.

12. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Erik,
    you have RIPS! What use would you possibly have for a scannero_O :D

13. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

That's a bit strong and not a very constructive comment (for you aigle,) what have you put out:) I applaud Kephyr for his free services in fighting spyware, malware.

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am not emotional with software. If u analyze my opinion, u might agree.
    Let me go one step ahead and I will say that SpyBot and Adaware have passed their time as well.

I do apreciate and respect their services but that can,t change my opinion and I am sorry for that.

15. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Me neither and that is the best attitude and keeps you objective. If I find a better one, I ditch the other one without regrets.

16. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Bazooka was worth using for me as a secondary support scanner when other scanners missed something, but that was on Windows 98SE, since XP it lost my attention completely although i applaud Kephyr for engaging malware during that time. It did find items that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. The manual removals gave a user some insight into just where those malware located and offered some satisfaction in getting them off yourself. That was then though, this is now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.