Keeping up with amount of download

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Comcast is going to limit the amount of download per month. My son uses instant messenger to talk to his female friend and wanted to try to find out how he can keep up with his amount. How can this be done?

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well, you can certainly keep up with files that you download/upload, but if you want to determine the full amount including watching online video and all that, I've no clue......wait a friggin minute, ok fellow members, paranoia mode kicking in....what about our daily updates to our AV/AS programs and other security program we use? Are those going to count too? Lol, you don't need to chide me because even I know that's analyzing a bit far, but still, I would if it does count consider that a tad on the unfair side.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I guess I will have to reduce my payment amount then.:D

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, it's a HUGE stretch of the imagination I know, but hey, those updates ARE after all data.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

WilliamP, someone has written an article about your same subject:

How to monitor monthly bandwidth usage (in light of Comcast’s 250GB bandwidth limit)

And have recommended a tool: NetMeter to monitor usage. Try it and let us know if that program works for you.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dw426, you might as well download NetMeter too; everything will count!

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'll be dang, thanks for the link:) And that's what I'm afraid of, everything WILL count....all you fellows who constantly download security programs and malware samples to test are going to have it rough!....just teasing :)....um, I hope, lol.

8. Dark Shadow

Yes indeed data,Can ya just imagine folks cant update there AV until the following month because they exceeded the limit or a critical windows update.:blink:

9. Dark Shadow

10. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I had JUST started thinking about Windows Updates, lol. Geesh, that would be bad:eek:

Edit: Debbie does Debbie, eh? Finally ran out of options after all these years did she? Ok, BACK on topic, lol.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

LOL. Didn't know Debbie was still doing Debbie after all these years; got to watch. ;)

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Well... there's always ordering the CD from MS, just by paying shipping charges. ;) I better stop while I'm ahead.
    Like Emily Latella used to say: It's always something!

13. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, yeah, if we try hard enough we could think up even more that could count against it. We're just going to have to see how this plays out....by the way, there goes LAN parties...see, told ya we could!

14. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.