KeePass problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by djg05, Jan 4, 2016.

1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have decided that I should start keeping more secure passwords for financial sites, but I am a complete novice at it.

I have tried setting it up for PayPal and have put in the url and p/w etc. On pressing the auto type button I expected it to load up the page and enter the entries, but instead everything to the browser goes into the url and hence just get "Server not found".

I am using Cyberfox, Win 8.1.

Can it also be set to load the Private Browsing page?

Where am I going wrong please?

2. Fraa Orolo

Fraa Orolo Registered Member

KeePass does not work that way, at least the last time I've used it.

When you select "auto-type", the program first switches to the window that was active before you opened KeePass, such as the browser you were using, and then types in the user name and password in whatever input box is active. The default typing sequence is "[user name]<TAB>[password]<ENTER>", as if you were typing it yourself. (You can change that auto-type behavior per entry, if websites have a different tab order.)

So, to use it, you first have to browse to the website you want to log on to, select the first input box (username) and then have KeePass "auto-type" in the user name and password. You can open a browser window to the website from KeePass, if you entered the url, by right clicking an entry and selecting "URL(S) > Open" (or something similar, my memory isn't very good).

TLDR:
    - Browse to the website you want manually
    - Select the username box
    - Open KeePass and perform "auto-type".

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  3. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

That's it.

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks - understood - got it working now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.