Keep * filtering active after the application is stopped

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Spysnake, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spysnake

Spysnake Registered Member

Hi!

I am new to Look 'n' Stop and just received my license. It seems that finally my search for "pure" firewall comes to an end. However, I have few questions about Advanced options - namely the two options "Keep internet filtering active after the application is stopped" and "Keep application filtering active after the application is stopped".

In the help file there is explanation only for Application filtering, and it says:

"'Keep application filtering active after the application is stopped': this option is only for Windows 2000 and XP. When enable, Application Filtering is still active even if you stop the Look 'n' Stop application (or if a malware application killed Look 'n' Stop). Already known connecting applications are handled according to the rules, unknown applications are automatically blocked. There is no log."

I have Windows Vista x64, how come it isn't greyed out then, if the protection doesn't work with newer operating systems? And does the internet filtering part work, because it is not mentioned in the help files at all?

Regards,
    Spysnake

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

The help file likely hasn't been updated.

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Yes, I confirm these options work for Vista, Win7 and x64 as well.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.