Kazaa and IMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DGeorge, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGeorge

DGeorge Registered Member

Should I see anything in the IMON window when using Kazaa? I dont see any indication that IMON is scanning what is coming in via Kazaa.

Thanks

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

It's because Kazaa doesn't use HTTP ports. Instead it uses port 1214. Anyway, AMON will analyze any file you download download.

3. DGeorge

I know. I was just wondering if it could be done.

As for IMON, does it store the list of files it scans anywhere? I couldnt see anything like this in the logs. I know KAV does so you can go back and see all the files scanned by the resident scanner.

4. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi Nod32 does a very good job with Kazaa lite, so i assume it will work with Kazaa as well.

I would recommend uninstalling Kazaa if you are using the full version, it is a very bad program and a major security risk, by default it is set to upload your extra bandwith, unused CPU and ram.

It comes with spyware, adware and what is debatably a trojan, your personal information is sold by the operators of Kazaa to advertising companies for targeted popup adverts etc which can lead to further infections of spyware etc.

Kazaa lite 2.4.3, Kazaa lite ressurection and WinMX are free P2P clients which are Spyware free, when using P2P always have a firewall and AV installed and updated, there are many viruses etc written specifically for P2P, not all AV's have them in their defs so be carefull.

5. DGeorge

Thanks for the tip but I am using K Lite already. :D

How would I set IMON to work with K Lite?

6. sir_carew

As I posted before, IMON will NOT scan your downloads because Kazaa uses 1214 port instead HTTP ports like 80 or 8080. Anyway, AMON will scan any file you download using Kazaa.

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Control Center, IMON, Setup, HTTP - add port 1214??

8. sir_carew

Hi,
    I don't think that adding 1214 will work. Indeed, IMON detect automatically new HTTP ports. And 1214 isn't a HTTP port. Add 1214 port is like you add FTP 21 port.

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

kazaa didn't invent their own protocol did they? It's one of the existing protocols I thought - but which one?

10. DGeorge

Tried it but it does not seem to detect. Guess AMON will have to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.