KAVP 5 automatic scan HELP!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eveRcusioZ, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveRcusioZ

eveRcusioZ Guest

Everytime I start KAV (whenever my computer starts) it begins to scan my WHOLE computer. It's killing me! Takes more then an hour with my 120gb+ HD. Can anyone please tell me how to disable this? The manual tells me that it can't be disabled. Wtf?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

There is a manual registry hack you can apply for Personal, Pro and WorkStation versions which disables the startup scan. I have used it with the Personal version and it works fine.

1. Tweak for Personal;

Find [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\7]

Right click the 7 in the reg entry>then select 'new DWord value' and paste in #RunStartup in the 'Name' field and enter value 00000000 in the 'data' field.

2. KAV Pro Tweak;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\2A\PersonalPro\5.0.0.0\bl]
    RunScanOnStartup=dword:00000000

But apparently it may not work with the latest Pro version; http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=1747

3. Tweak for the WorkStation version;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\2A\Workstation\5.0.0.0\bl]
    RunScanOnStartup=dword:00000000

But make sure you carry out a full on-demand scan before applying the registry-fix, to ensure your machine is clean.

If you are not happy in manually working with the registry, there is a reg-file you can download which applies the hack as well. Details here; http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=1664;st=20

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  3. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

I use Personal 5 and you can disable it like this ....

Open KAV, click on SETTINGS, Click on CONFIGURE ON DEMAND SCAN, bottom right hand corner is a link SCHEDULE SCANNING. click on that and then select DO NOT SCAN.

NB, this disables all scheduled scanning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.