KAV: why internet exploder 5.5?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by besonen, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. besonen

besonen Registered Member

hi all,

while installing kav 5.0.227 personal on a w2ksp4 workstation (that still has the stock internet explorer 5.0 installed) the kav installation routine recommended upgrading ie 5.0 to 5.5.

why does this recommendation appear? will something not work if i don't upgrade?

i'd rather not upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5 since 5.5 exposes the enduser to more privacy violations.

ciao,
    david

2. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

afaik kav doesent use ie in any way. probably just a general upgrade suggestion

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Why don't you check with Microsoft to see why they broight out a 5.5 usually a upgrade fixes vulnarabilities in the previous version, although enhancements may be offered as well. Also contact Kaspersky support and enquire as to why the program is asking you to upgrade.

4. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

i think ie6 is also available for win2k users,its better to upgrade to that which includes several bug/security fix..

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

KAV does use a script checker for Internet Explorer, and I suppose it probably works best on IE 5.5 and above, therefore it asked to upgrade....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.