KAV v5.0.388 Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by magoood, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

Hello
    I wanna ask about this latest version of KAV b4 downloading coz of slow downloading frustrations so i wanna ask first.

Does this program now enable me to scan on demand without forcing me 2 operate it ALL the time in the background ?
    In other words, does it behave like NAV where in NAV, i was having the REAL TIME protection shut down but whenever i scan a file(s) on demand, NAV comes up immediately, scans the file(s), give me a report and then it goes away by itself by pressing the OK button found in the report window and this is so nice 4 me but in previous KAV versions, i was always obsessed with this nag screen telling me something like "KAV engine is not running, do u wanna run it now or not" whenever i wanna scan specific files and when i press yes so that i let KAV do its job in scan, it DOES NOT go away after scaaning is accomplished as norton and stays there in Taskbar 2 take about 15 MB of memory
    Hope i am making sense and that i was clear in my question.
    THANKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.