Kav streams

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Rainwalker, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Greetings....Kav embeds a number of streams (KAVICHS) ...i have uninstalled Kav but when i try to delete after Tds scan i am unable to do so....i have been clicking 'Delete Stream'...should i click 'Dump Stream To File' instead ? :doubt:

2. Rainwalker

Every bit of information on my system has been embeded with Kav :eek: :eek: :eek:
    is there anyway i can remove it....i think not but maybe someone has an idea....
    Running Kav ? check this out http://www.crucialsecurity.com/downloads.html maybe Tds has a way :doubt:

3. Rainwalker

correction.....of 40,509 files scanned...36,481 contained data streams :blink:

4. Rainwalker

sorry...my mind is reeling............all those streams were from Kav

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

More scanners add NTFS ADS streams to files on the system, to compare them with new values in a next scan. Smaller then 200bytes you can ignore, guess they're all around 88 bytes?
    Let them be, as in a next scan they will be re-created.
    If they're larger or cause other problems have a talk with Gavin and DCS team whan next. I remember we discussed exactly those things a couple of months before, but not all sure about the outcomes of that discussion.

6. Rainwalker

Hi Jooske....ran a tds scan with it set to ignore below 200 bytes and found 20+ consisting of 228 bytes...i know some are ok with that......ran second scan and TDS listed all steams, lots of 68 bytes, and again had it set to ignore below 200 bytes .... it ignored nothing :p stopped scan after 1 1/2 hours as it was only up to the B listings in Program Files.....had all unneeded processes turned off o_O .....i don't suppose there is some little app out there that will quickly find and dump those files ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.