KAV "protection against network" disabled?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by subferno, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subferno

subferno Registered Member

All of a sudden today, I turn on the computer and a message appears saying that my computer is vulnerable to virus infection (not exact message but thats what it was basically saying). I went into Kaspersky control panel and it says

"Real time protection is not entirely enabled: error starting task "protection against network attacks", this may result in a virus infection of your computer"

I have real time protection to the max setting and looked in the individual settings and the network attack features was uncheck, meaning it is enabled already.

I already did a complete system scan and found nothing.

I need advice as to what I should do next.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The network protection module is a "mini-Firewall" included with KAV. If you already have a firewall it shouldnt matter.

However, since the task is not starting properly, I recommend you try reinstalling KAV. Or you can wait for advice from the KAV experts ;)

3. bloodscourge

bloodscourge Registered Member

Hi,

Personally, I reinstalled KAV personal 5.0.227 to get rid of networks attacks protection (and istreams, but that's another story...). If you have a good firewall, I think it's useless and sometimes annoying (detects DNS servers as attackers :doubt:, poor control over this feature...). Just my 2 cents ;)

Attached Files:

• kav.jpg
      kav.jpg
      File size:
      29.8 KB
      Views:
  4. subferno

subferno Registered Member

I do have a router and OutPost firewall installed already. I am just curious as to why I suddenly got this message. Something must have changed my system for it to give me that error.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Since you are using a software firewall, the IDS module should not be enabled as recommended by Kaspersky

Therefore, the error messages you are seeing may be a conflict between OutPost and the KAV IDS.

If you do not select the "Use protection against network attacks", you will see a yellow exclamation symbol in the real-time protection part of the main GUI.This is not a problem, as KAV is simply alerting you to the fact that not all real time options are enabled.

You can also check out these KAV Tuning tips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.