KAV Portable

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by weirddemon, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weirddemon

weirddemon Registered Member

Does anyone know of ~ Removed Link to Warez Site as per TOS ~ download of KAV portable is legitimate?

I'd like to use it, but when I Google for a free command line option, that's all I find. Well, beside their cruddy AVP Tool.

Even though that app has a gui, it's just a front end for the tool and I'm fairly certain I can get it to work correctly. But I can't use it if it isn't legitimate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Right now, I cannot access the domain, but see this...

~ Removed Referenced URL to Warez Site as per TOS ~

It seems it is related to warez. Can you confirm it? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I do not know if it is legitimate? I would only download anti-malware tools directly from a reputable Antivirus Company's web site, if possible.

Kaspersky's AVZ Antiviral Toolkit is portable, but I have never used it for cleaning malware.

WOT (Web of Trust) shows roughly 50/50 (Good/Bad feedback) for the website, which is enough to make me stay away from it.

McAfee SiteAdvisor gives the web site a "Red" "X".

4. weirddemon

weirddemon Registered Member

Eh, that's good enough for me. I'll just try AVZ.

Thanks

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't AVZ been replaced by Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, lately? I believe I saw it mentioned somewhere; just don't recall where.

6. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

May I remind all Wilders members not to post links to Warez sites, as described in our Terms of Service.

Any site that supposedly has a FREE VMware ThinApp portable application is illegal and should not be frequented. Thread closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.