KAV Personal ProTrial

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Caratacus, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

I was a few days into a trial of KAV Personal & like the prog - but I think I would prefer to buy Personal Pro, looking at the features list. However I would need to trial it for a few days first - but I cannot find KAV Personal Pro trial downloads on the Kaspersky site.

I have made a similar request at this KAV forum (as Togodubnus) -

http://forums.useice.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=408af8761e11ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=441

But the results have not been good: I removed KAV Personal trial version & installed KAV Personal Pro from Soft32.com. But now I have problem. KAV Control Centre is reporting "Licence Expired" & "No keys found. Clipped Mode" & will not let me update. So protection is compromised.

The other sites listed at the useice forum by IztokK & Blackcat seem to be the same situation - ie a version that needs a key to function properly. In some cases they simply link back to the Kaspersky site trial downloads where only KAV Personal is offered.

Is there a fully working, updatable trial version of KAV Personal Pro?

The official Kaspersky sites do not seem to offer one. If that is the case, how are we supposed to evaluate the prog?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

You can try this link to kav personal pro for 30 day trial, but not sure If the fact that u have already had kav personal on your system whether u can have another 30 day trial of another kav product or not, as I have found that u usually only get one go and after that u have to buy.
    Here is the link anyway,and It is a fully working product for 30 days with updates and keyfile already installed.

KAV Personal Pro - http://kasperskylab.co.uk/files/homeuser/kavperspro45.exe

You will also have to update the database as well.
    The Mul

3. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

The Kasperskylab.uk/homeuser download has a keyfile attached & installed OK & is now working - it's updating though a couple of things like office guard & inspector seem problematic - but that might be because I haven't figured out how to configure correctly yet.

Thanks heaps, the mul!

4. the mul

the mul Registered Member

You are quite welcome.

The Mul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.