KAV Personal 5.0.388 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by QBgreen, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Enhancements:

1. Error that caused drive types to display incorrectly under Korean version of Microsoft Windows 98 has been eliminated

2. Error that caused application to freeze under Korean version of Microsoft Windows 98 has been eliminated

3. Error that caused the application (anti-virus database and application modules) update from the Kaspersky Lab's updates servers associated with a different geographic region has been eliminated

4. Error that sometimes prevented deletion of messages on the mail server when using POP3 protocol has been eliminated

Known problems:

1. The application freezes when performing a mail scan if a problem occurs when connecting to the Microsoft Exchange Server

2. Incompatibility with previous versions of Kaspersky Anti-Spam Personal (up to 1.0.0.25)

3. Limited compatibility with Sygate firewall. In order to solve this problem, disable the Enable driver protection option using the Sygate interface and install an additional utility program klimsetup.exe

4. Incompatibility with the MсАfee Parental Controls application

5. The feature of updating via FTP proxy servers is not available

6. Incompatibility with Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.5 under Microsoft Windows 9x. In order to solve this problem, upgrade to Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.7 or to a newer version

7. Pop-up information messages are not displayed when working under Microsoft Windows NT 4.0

8. Problems when performing the update task if SkyDSL is used

2. TDS

TDS Guest

Its an update only for Personal or its for persnal pro too?

3. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

Both Personal and Pro.

:D

4. rush

rush Guest

Does KAV PRO automatically upgrade the version 383 to the version 388 by using the update?

5. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

No, but that is something that I and others have suggested to KL and will hopefully will be integrated into the next release.

;)

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Does anyone know how much the new kav pro built 388 is using as resources in MB's?

dja2k

7. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Can we install this version over our actual version or do we have to uninstall our actual version and install the new one?

Thanks
    Atomas31

8. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

There is a version without databases that you should use to upgrade a currently installed KAV. Simply exit KAV and install. All of your settings will be preserved.

9. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Exactly, it's the version without databases on the productspage:http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates , it is also called update.exe (when it's downloaded). :)

10. FatalChaos

FatalChaos Registered Member

does anyone know if the issue where KAV could not update if you had nvidia nforce 4 onboard firewall installed got resolved?

11. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Anyone?

Does anyone know how much the new kav pro built 388 is using as resources in MB's?

dja2k

12. King Grub

King Grub Guest

Hi!

I can't notice anything different, memory-wise. If anything, it's lighter. Kavsvc.exe and kav.exe are running at 6,850 and 890 kB, respectively, at the moment, for me. After a scan, kavsvc.exe tops at around 27,000, but quickly drops back to below 10,000.

13. Don Pelotas

It has been tracked down to the driver which is on the cd with some mainboards, use the latest Nforce driver i believe it's 6.66 and the really bad news is that just uninstalling the old driver is not enough, you have to start with a clean install. Some have suggested using http://www.drivercleaner.net/ to remove the old driver, but i have not seen anyone doing it yet, maybe you could be the first. ;) :)

14. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

i installed the new version of kav over the old one but i used the one with database would that bring me problems??

15. Don Pelotas

No, probably not, the only difference is the size of the installer, the update.exe is half the size (therefore easier to download if on dialup).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.