KAV or Avira Antivir PE Premium?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ChrisBUK, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisBUK

ChrisBUK Registered Member

Hi all.

My NOD32 subscription ran out last month and I have decided £26 is a bit too much when there are cheaper alternatives about, although I was very pleased with NOD32, I just don't see why I should need to pay another £26.

When the suscription ran out I decided to try AVG, but after looking at recent test results and being suprised that it found no viruses/malware on my brothers PC I wasn't too impressed with it.

I then tried AntiVir Classic free edition which I have now and I am VERY impressed with it. The only issue I have is that it doesn't scan POP3, which for me is pretty important because I do a lot of emailing. Also the popup screen is very annoying at times.

I have read that Kaspersky is an excellent antivirus, it has good reviews and scored well in most of the tests I have seen. Also, I have never used Kaspersky before and I am eager to see what it is like. Then I saw on their website that they currently have a 50% discount until the 27th of this month and it is only £12, so I am very tempted with this.

I am so impressed with this free version of AntiVir though that I am also unsure whether to buy the premium version, which has an email scanner, quicker updates, support and the annoying popup will be gone. It is the same price as Kaspersky, or just 50p more. So it's basically between these two.

The only slight things that concern me with AntiVir is the clean rates. I know the detection rates are amazing, but how good is it at actually cleaning infections?

Also, how much CPU and memory usage does Kaspersky use? AntiVir is incredibly light, which I really like.

Help me make a decision please!

2. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Registered Member

These types of threads aren't allowed,
    but I personally recommend AntiVir. ;)

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Trial them both before you buy. A good price is little consolation if it won't run properly on your system. Personally I'd be more concerned with which one kept a clean system clean the best, as opposed to cleaning up afterward.
    PS. NOD is worth the money. ;)

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

As noted elsewhere, threads pitting products against one another are pointless. I realize the original poster has a clear objective, and the clear answer path to reaching that objective is to take the time to trial the options on your machine. Background information on these options can be gleaned by reviewing the existing threads.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.