KAV/KIS CF2 Build 9.0.0.736 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Baz_kasp, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Regular joe isn't going to be encountering these issues.... and if they are tech support is on hand to help. Power users will obviously find bugs because they use their computer in a much more thorough way than a normal user....who reads their emails and visits bbc news every once in a while.

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Like the 10sec delay I'm experiencing with Internet Explorer 7 starting (or opening new tabs) that appeared AFTER installing official release 9.0.0.736?

The support has been awfully quiet about it :D

3. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

I have encountered the same problem but as you say pausing protection worked but not a satisfactory state of affairs, I tried temp disabling different functions of the suite but was unable to work out which setting was appropriate, does anyone know for future reference o_O

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

There are more poeple having difficulties with latest version indeed. I can confirm you that the Devs are woking ahrd on this one

5. lordpake

Proactive Defence is the one that in my case interferes with Firefox.

6. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

First thing I thought and disabled but made no difference, I am finding this latest version extremely buggy and it seems to be conflicting with other programs including on demand Malwarebytes.

For the time being I think I will try a different set up, although I am loath to give up on KIS, as I still have well over 12 months remaining on my license.

Does anyone know of any conflicts between Sunbelt Personal Firewall and Avast, a combo I am thinking of trying in the meanwhile.:doubt:

7. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

The only serious bugs I've encountered with 2010 are the rootkit scan (it was a hdd resource hog) and browsing slowdowns when using Link Filter with Firefox.

With the KL Link Filter add-on Firefox always froze for about 3 seconds when I went to any page (especially when the page had lots of links). After uninstalling it I get normal browsing speed. So if anyone else gets slowdowns while browsing, try disabling the Link Filter add-on.

I also don't like the GUI of 2010; apart from it and the issues above it's working better than 2009.

8. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Try skins, look for it on Kaspersky forum.

I use Friday skin designed for the latest stable version of KIS 2010 and it's very good, i can turn off the rootkit scan with 1 click.

9. Baz_kasp

That was the java plug in in IE as we now know, not KIS :p

For these:

80179, 80477, 78407, 80576 80499. Problems with asian OS
    71904, 72673, 80459, 77346. Compatibility problems with some games
    79693: Hang OE in switch between input languages
    79373: Perfomance rating can't be rated
    79977: Switch User: logon under another User hangs
    79700: qscan: slow qscan with avp.exe high cpu usage
    79576: Don't skip detecting files by digital signature
    76683: Don't install Firefox updates

Fixed in patch (a) for the new build, currently in beta testing.

10. lordpake

As far as I am concerned tthis delay was introduced to my system after installing KIS 2010.

Under 2009 I experienced no such thing
    . Conclusion: KIS 2010 is the responsible party.

Oddly selective Java plug-in bug then?

11. Baz_kasp

Must be...

Sun have confirmed it as a bug in their plug in removal.

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6747116

12. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I had installed KIS 2010 on my wife's laptop running Vista SP2. IE 8 was taking over 1 minute to launch with KIS installed...about 5 seconds without. Basically everything slowed to a crawl. I did a clean install of Vista and installed nothing but KIS and everything was still VERY slow. So, KIS is gone and am temporarily using other software. KIS 2009 was a little slow but nothing like the new version.

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

that is weird. I keep mine sandboxed on the 2-32 bit computers and it is as fast as anything else. On the 64 bit if I sandbox the IE 32 bit it slows to a crawl. If I sandox the 64 bit IE it is as fast as not being sandboxed. I am curious as to why they just dont load IE as low trusted or even untrusted.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

with vista the one tweak that makes a difference is to disable "Automatically paging file size for all drives."

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I must say for 32bit, I like Kasperskys sandbox more then Sandboxie, which I have always thought was over-rated. I think as more vendors like Kas and Avast develop their own sandbox technology, then you will see a better overall product. 2010 is doing well for me, but time will tell.

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well it passed my favorite rogue, Cyper Security in the sandbox. Kaspersky never even hit on it and I let it install. But on reboot it was completely gone. Great for the Sandbox but crap on Kasperskys detection. MSE and Eset at least detect it. But kudos to the sandbox. So in theory you just about have to keep your web browser in the sandbox.

17. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Funny how different PC's react. Using KIS' sandbox, IE 8 wouldn't even open on my wife's PC. Those long IE 8 launch times I mentioned earlier were not using the sandbox at all.

18. sourav_gho

sourav_gho Registered Member

Hi,
    Even Kaspersky's HIPS can block it, but the default configuration is not good enough, so wth little change KIS can block any unwanted applications/virus/trojan, which its av component missed
    Just do this
    Click on Settings(At top of windows)-->Application Control-->Other Applications(By default Use heuristic analyzer to define status, Change it to -->Assign the following status Automatically--> Untrusted)

And it is done Kaspersky digital signatures and Kaspersky Security Network database has already whitelisted hundreds of thousands of legitimate applications, so it does not generally interfere with the valid applications you run. If you feel it is not allowing some important application, you can change it later, by clicking on Application Activity and changing the status of that valid application.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  19. Baz_kasp

1. Submit the threat to the viruslab: http://support.kaspersky.com/virlab/helpdesk.html

2. The argument that X detection is crap because it misses one threat does not stand anymore. I have access to malware research forums where we deal with brand new, 0 day malware, and Kaspersky can disinfect and detect some of the most advanced threats that other vendors do not even detect (when I find them)...you might also want to enable "other" detection in settings->threats and exclusions as that covers a lot of fraudulent stuff too.

3. This is exactly what the sandbox is for- running unknown files to limit the damage to your computer...if there is doubt about a file's intentions, sandbox it and you will be relatively safe.

20. lordpake

Got a reply from support regarding my issues.

They repeatedly insist that I run McAfee removal tool. I have remnants of McAfee Virtual Technician in Downloaded Program Files folder, however MCPR does not remove them. (They think I have McAfee installed dot dot dot )

Kaspersky support apparently refuses to believe that MCPR doesn't remove those files.

o_O

This is not good customer service at all.

Additionally they ask me to remove AnVir Task Manager. They claim I have some AnVir Security Suite installed instead. What's next? Remove Process Explorer?

How pig-headed can those support people be?

This is not good at all.

21. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

22. Baz_kasp

Actually it's called troubleshooting. Remove other security related products to get rid of any possible conflicts between them, see if a problem is fixed....if not then obviously reinstall them as the issue lies somewhere else. They can't be the judge of how technical or not a user is so this is a standard procedure when troubleshooting most conflicts.

23. lordpake

I don't have other anti-virus software installed. Never had. Only Kaspersky since last format C.

ARP doesn't list MVT. I have scrubbed registry from anything referring to it. The only things left are those files in DPF folder.

o_O

btw. What exactly does the VSCleanUP tool do?

24. lordpake

You are missing the point. I don't have other security software.

I can't remove anything.

AnVir is TASK MANAGER, not security software (AV or such).

25. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

Are You trying to update/install KIS 2010 over a 2009 versión?.

Try to remove any traces of previous Kaspersky versions, try this too:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.