KAV & KIS 7 offically launched

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ankupan, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

vista will not adjust to Kaspersky PDM. This should know by Kasp. team.

Try KIS using Vista and it will fail leak test, after that try KIS using XP and it will pass the leak test.

I can't understand why Kaspersky saying they are vista ready.

Again, Mr. Gates will not waste time to adjust to Mr. Kasperskys' PDM.

2. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I'm also using KIS 7.0.0.125 w/ PDM (default) and Firewall (Training Mode) and I also FAILED this leaktest (WinXP).

Anyone know why?

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

On the PCFlank site, it says "Currently, only two commercial firewalls pass PCFlank Leaktest. These are Tiny Firewall 2005 and Outpost Firewall Pro."

4. fce

fce Registered Member

Comodo Ver. 3 is passed with PCFFlank leak test. All stealthed (except the ping test)

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

You don't understand, please read the second thread you posted on the subject! :)

6. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

KAV/KIS will not pass all the leaktests on default settings, but it certainly should pass this one. Your result is therefore very interesting as it confirms my belief that certain aspects of the PDM are not functioning correctly.

You could try configuring the Application Activity Analyser by ensuring all the boxes are ticked and then trying the test again; if it fails then you know you have a problem. (Unless taking the FW off training has an effect - though that wouldn't apply to KAV users).

As far as I can tell the Reg Guard, App Integrity Control, Web Scanner and File Scanner all seem to be OK (in my tests at least), so it is really the App Activity Analyser that isn't quite right; but because I cannot be sure what is and what is not working as advertised, I'm re-installing KAV 6 untill the next release of KAV 7 in the hope that will iron out the bugs.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  7. hoser_d

hoser_d Registered Member

One thing that I do not agree with is the GUI. I think the GUI is beautiful. Best I have seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.