KAV/KIS 2013 Beta - Final

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3x0gR13N, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

Re: KAV/KIS 2013 Beta

I have 2012 that will expire on July 2013,how to upgrade ?
    just install over the top or uninstall old one ?

I won the license from giveaway site

2. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

You are supposed to be able to install a new version on top of an old, but this can and does lead to problems sometimes, as seen on the Kaspersky support forum, and it is advisable to completely remove the old version first.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Kaspersky's way of updating versions is the worst i've seen and you'd expect a top tier company to have program auto update system in place in year 2012...

4. Lucius

Lucius Registered Member

That is sooo true!

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Well the updates come once a year not every month so i dnt have any problem with the update mechanism
    all the patches dont need any uninstall and reinstall

6. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

As seen on Release note, you can install it over 2011-2012 product lines:argh:
    Code:
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

Build 13.0.0.3370 (6/5/2012)

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is an all-purpose application designed for comprehensive protection of end users' computers against data threats.

MINIMUM HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS

To ensure the proper functioning of the application, your computer should meet the following requirements:

1.    General requirements

·        480 MB free disk space on the hard drive (including 380 MB on the system drive).

·        CD/DVD-ROM (for the application installation from the distribution CD).

·        Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher.

·        Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0.

·        Internet access for the application activation and for updating the databases and software modules.

2.    Operating systems

·        For Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or higher), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or higher), and Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Service Pack 2 or higher):

·        Intel Pentium 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64) processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent);

·        512 MB free RAM.

·        Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Microsoft Windows Vista Business, Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, and Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate:

·        Intel Pentium 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64) processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent).

·        1 GB free RAM (for 32-bit operating systems); 2 GB free RAM (for 64-bit operating systems).

3.    Hardware requirements for netbooks:

·        Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor (or a compatible equivalent).

·        Intel GMA950 video card featuring video memory at least 64 MB (or a compatible equivalent).

·        Minimum screen resolution 1024 ? 576.

INSTALLATION

To install the application, run the setup file (the one with .exe extension) and follow the instructions of the Installation Wizard.

In the course of installation, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 detects and allows removing applications that may lead to a slowdown (and even the complete inoperability) of the functioning of the user's computer, when being run concurrently.

[B]The application can be installed over the following Kaspersky Lab applications:

·        Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 or 2012

·        Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 or 2012.[/B]

WHAT'S NEW IN KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 2013

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 provides the following new features:

·        Safe Money has been added to ensure a safe use of online banking services and payment systems, as well as to ease online shopping.

·        Protection of data input from the computer keyboard has been added to protect privacy data entered on various websites.

·        In order to provide protection against intruders exploiting software vulnerabilities, the feature of protection against exploits has been added to the System Watcher component.

·        The option of automatic installation of the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 including a set of the latest updates for the application databases, has been added. Automatic installation of the application can be performed using a dedicated utility available for downloading on the Internet.

·        The option of enabling the monitoring of encrypted connections using Parental Control, has been added.

·        The option of automatic disinfection of active infections that impede installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 on the computer, has been added.

What's improved:

·        The Parental Control functionality has been enhanced: the option to update rules of website checking by categories in the course of databases updating has been added. This ensures a more thorough control of children's access to websites with inadmissible content.

·        The application's impact on the operating system's performance has been reduced; the amount of computer resources consumed by the application has also been reduced. Particularly, the application's impact on the booting time of the operating system and applications startup time has been reduced.

·        The protection against hidden installation of malware in the system and against theft of personal data has been improved.

·        The functionality of the Virtual Keyboard has been enhanced: now you can open it by clicking the quick launch icon displayed in data entry fields on websites.

·        The heuristic analysis performed when checking websites for phishing, has been improved.

·        The Anti-Spam functionality has been enhanced, which ensures a more reliable filtering of unwanted email.

·        The size of the application databases has been reduced, which allows lowering the size of data to download and speed up the installation of updates.

·        The design of the main application window has been optimized in order to ensure the quickest and easiest access to the main features and components.

·        The option of management of the main application features at the keyboard has been optimized.

·        The technology designed to apply the threat rating of applications to protection of the computer and personal data and based on the analysis of behavior of applications on other computers with Kaspersky Lab products, has been improved.

·        The list of web browser versions supported by the application, has been expanded.

MAIN KNOWN ISSUES

1.    File Anti-Virus may process certain file formats incorrectly. Information about processing errors is displayed in the report on File Anti-Virus operation.

2.    In some cases, files that were moved to Quarantine from a local network cannot be restored from Quarantine.

3.    Parental Control may improperly process resources that use SPDY.

4.    The application does not scan traffic of services that use TLS v1.2.

5.    If Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 plugins have not been enabled at the first startup of Internet Explorer after the application installation, further activation of those plugins is only possible through the web browser settings.

6.    At the first startup of Internet Explorer after the application installation, the web browser for which Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 plugins have been enabled, may prompt you to disable those plugins.

7.    For Mozilla Firefox, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 plugins are disabled by default. Those plugins are activated through the web browser settings.

8.    You may be prompted to install a special certificate for encrypted connections to ensure a proper functioning of Opera browser.

ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION

·        Knowledge Base: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2013

·        Forum: http://forum.kaspersky.com

© 2012 Kaspersky Lab ZAO. All Rights Reserved.

7. King Grub

Yes, you have always been able to do that, but as I said above, that procedure is also known to have caused its fair share of issues.

8. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

I'll stick with KIS 2012, I'm quite happy with it. If the 2013 version will be official released then I go switch from 2012 to 2013.

ehmm btw thanhtai2009, in your signature it says 2013 final ? but there isn't a final version of 2013 yet.

9. King Grub

10. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

Ah I see, I didn't know about that !! :argh: :oops:

11. GreekGuy

GreekGuy Registered Member

The links provided in several of the posts above download an ENGLISH LANGUAGE version of KIS 2013.

Download, install and then, update, and you should have the latest English/American commercial release installed ie 13.0.0.3370(a).

So far, KIS2013 is working just fine on my machine. The install accepted my existing KIS2012 licence and activated KIS2013 without issue. As well, KIS2013 updated its virus definitions automatically a couple of times over the past 24 hours; so, Kaspersky's update servers are up and running.

12. thanhtai2009

public version comes this months, just wait if you can :D

13. thanhtai2009

yes, update servers for 2013 are up: -http://dnl-01.geo.kaspersky.com/AutoPatches/kav13/

14. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

I see, thanks guys for the info :)

15. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Pretty sure. :) I've reverted to a clean image and will try later to see if it's reproducible. kltdi.sys was the faulting component if I remember correctly (preventing a potential buffer overflow, according to XP BSOD).

16. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

I uninstalled KIS2012 and other security product namely comodo firewall. I restarted windows and made sure that all traces of the products were gone.

I then installed KIS 2013 english from ftp2 links. The installation worked perfect and KIS2013 did run, but I was not able to activate it with my 2012 code. KIS 2013 reported that it was unable to establish an SSL connection to activate the product.
    I did have internet and there is no problem whatsoever, also no other product is blocking SSL connections or blocking anything.

I uninstalled 2013, restarted my computer, installed KIS 2012 again and everything worked again.

Must be an anomaly on my side I suppose, because everybody else seem to run 2013 without problems. Anyway, I think I'll wait for the official release on kaspersky.com
    I am Dutch, but I like to use software in english as much as possible.

17. King Grub

Are you using KIS and Comodo at the same time? That's... not good.

18. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

yep, but in order to install KIS I have to uninstall comodo FW too. After I install KIS, I can install comodo fw. I do have them running together at this very moment.
    I did disable defense+ and the sandbox in comodo, so only the firewall is running. I think that KIS can manage the protection pretty well.

And before I installed KIS 2013 I also uninstalled Comodo firewall completely.
    I did a clean install with KIS2013, i did not install it over 2012. maybe that is why I couldn't get it to register.
    Or the SSL internet connection was somehow not perfect, either at my side or at kaspersky, at the very moment I tried to register KIS2013 with my 2012 key.

19. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Is 2013 version lighter?

20. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

thanks Bud :)
    I'd better to wait final release officially.

So far,KIS2012 running well with MBAM Pro.

21. King Grub

KIS already has a firewall. Adding Comodo firewall to that equals two software firewalls = one too many.

22. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

well, it works for me. Personally, I think that CFW is easier with editing blocking or allowing programs. It can be done in KIS, but for me it is not very easy to quickly do so. Comodo does the firewall part a bit easier, for me at least. :)

23. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

While uninstalling KIS 2012 don't remove the activation data. Install KIS 2013 and in most cases it will identify the activation automatically. I am running the 2013 version in my system. No issues and slowdowns. Even all KIS firefox extensions work fine. But the initial update speed was slow. It might be because KIS update servers were busy. But subsequent updates are smooth:)

24. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I was expecting it to be lighter than 2012 due to the removal of some components but I find that it is not. YMMV. I have already removed it since it is an unsupported version anyway.

25. Re: KAV/KIS 2013 Beta

Will I be able to use my 2012 license/key with 2013?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.