KAV/KIS 2013 Beta - Final

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3x0gR13N, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SbUniT

SbUniT Registered Member

it is pretty heavy

2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Something wrong is happening with KIS 2013 and KAV 2013 in the last two days.
    It looks like there may be a serious bug in one of the latest updates.
    KAV 2013 is not loading at all.It just does not load.No icon at the taskbar,no GUI.But the AVP process is present in the task manager.o_O
    I'm getting the notification in action center that my security was turned off, anti-virus, anti-malware, etc.I posted about this on Kaspersky forum.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

What is? I am running the 2013 and even on my aging laptop it is almost unnoticeable that it is even installed. What are you running it on?

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

i dont find KIS heavy at all.it sits on my computer light as a feather.hardly know its there.:thumb:

5. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

patch b in testing stage, but I need patch c for Y!M video chat, etc... :D

6. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Ditto. My kids laptop is older and KIS 2013 is light and running fine.

My license expires in December so I am hoping for a nice discount to renew. If not, I have to go with something else since I have licenses for other products. So hoping Kaspersky offers something along those lines.

Does anyone know if they offer discounts to existing customers at renewal time?

7. thanhtai2009

when your license is (about to) expires you can use it to get new renewal license at discount price via online store

8. Trooper

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Check Amazon and others first! The last time I checked you could get a 3 PC KIS license for $16.99.

10. Trooper

Nice! I got one last year for $9.99. Can't remember if it was Amazon or Newegg. It was around the holidays as well.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

KAV is the best yet.

12. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I disagree.... KIS is the best !:D

13. thanhtai2009

KIS2013 MP1 got new Proactive Security Challenge 64 score :): --http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/results.php

14. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

+1.agreed.:thumb: :thumb:

15. xan K

xan K Registered Member

I got a KAV 2012 license key, can I use it straight in v2013, I mean without having to install v2012?

Also I've heard stories about limited numbers of re-installs, is it true? I usually re-install my system A LOT during a year. I remember Avira locking my license once and I had to contact support. However I've installed Eset's products like a million times without a license hitch. I just wouldn't like to go through that issue again. (Notice this isn't an A vs B comment, i'm just bringing a little more detail to the story).

16. thanhtai2009

@xan K: you can use 2012 activation code directly in KAV2013.
    2n question: it depend on your licence type (retail, oem, trial,...). Solution: you should contact support team and request a .key file.
    also noticed that Eset manage your license by creating an account for each code.

17. xan K

xan K Registered Member

Thank you.
    I will request the .key file once I've installed KAV.

18. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

Yes, correct. We've had to put our 2013 prices UP as Kaspersky weren't happy seeing promos on 2013 products, so early after launch. Understandable, I guess.

Which is why we've brought the 2012 products back in to our stores, discounted (as discounted as we can make them).

I've just written something on our blog about Kaspersky ONE though. The 3-device version of this product is definitely one of the best ways of buying Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, in our opinion. If you want, you can simply use your license to install KIS 2013 across three PCs. However, you could use your license to install KIS 2013 on two PCs and then use the same license to activate Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac 2013 on your Mac, or perhaps Kaspersky Tablet Security for your Android device.

Never quite understood why people overlook Kaspersky ONE. All you get is a single license - which activates most Kaspersky 2013 products - which you can use across three different devices of you choosing. Best of all, Kaspersky ONE 3-device is discounted at the moment.

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Cris,

I guess in my case I do not know what One does that IS does not do that I need. It is a case of ignorance.

Regards,
    Jerry

20. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

One is IS if that's what you need it to be.

21. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

I think that's the problem, you're right! I even read our original review and the reviewer was confused, so I re-wrote parts of it myself this weekend.

Basically ONE is simply a license code. It's not a product. There's no trial of ONE, for example.

When you buy ONE, you get a single license code which will activate IS, like a standard IS code, OR will allow you to unlock other Kaspersky products, such as Kaspersky Security Suite for Mac 2013 or Tablet Security.

So, with ONE, you get more license flexibility. You can either unlock 3 x IS activations OR you can use it to unlock 1 x IS and then other devices.

Basically, ONE appears to give you more flexibility than a standard IS license, but you can use it as a standard IS license, if you like.

22. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Cris,
    I'll have to give it another look. I saw it on sale recently, but I did not understand it had that degree of flexibility.
    Regards,
    Jerry

23. dwax

dwax Registered Member

I have Comodo personal firewall, do you have to uninstall it before you install the new version of Kav 2013?

24. xan K

xan K Registered Member

If it's just the Anti-Virus you're installing (not Internet Security), I don't see why you should touch your current firewall. KAV shouldn't interfere with any firewall, so I guess.

25. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

I think KAV still tells the user to remove 3rd party firewalls before installation, but it seems that in 2013 they've added an option for skipping the removal: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2013/install?qid=208286034 (also applies to KAV)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.