KAV/KIS 2012 Official release (Build 12.0.0.374)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3x0gR13N, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

I dont think so. I just downloaded KIS 2012 from Kaspersky site and the installer is from summer-2012 and not patched to g.

xxJackxx - can you check the digital signature date of your already downloaded installer ?

2. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Zelda I mean, Link: -http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english/special/kis2012one/kis12.0.0.374en.exe-

MD5: 0dc6a7de5689e363709b1596b96eafc6
    Timestamp: 10th Feb.
    Size: 100,2 MB (105.018.000 bytes)
    Note, I haven't actually used the installer, xxJackxx can post details about that.
    (seems to be a "refresh" because of the new ONE service)

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

That's the one.

4. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

Thank you , both :thumb:

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

The link 3x posted has the kKIS installer upto patch g , now since patch h is released will the same link be updated to patch h ?

6. 3x0gR13N

Highly unlikely.
    The reason they updated the installer is the new Kaspersky ONE service being made available.
    They never rarely update installers, when there's a special reason for it (like the above) or if there are patches released which fix issues that prevent users from installing/using the product correctly from the beginning.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

ok thanx for the info
    just installed kis and updated and now it just shows h

Attached Files:

• kis.jpg
      kis.jpg
      File size:
      107.2 KB
      Views:
  8. xxJackxx

They did that because they were out of room. a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h. was too long. :D

9. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

lol :argh: :D

10. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Please guys, suggest the best update servers for KIS 2012? the updates seems so slow :(

BTW whats the best way to get maximum protection without losing to much performance? even on my beast pc, when i set file antivirus to high, the performance seems to go quite a bit down...

11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

no pc is beast enough for kis.......

12. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Yea i guess so, 2600K@5.0Ghz, 8GB ram @2133mhz and Crucial C300 128GB SSD, the performance impact is there, its so strange for me to understand how is this even possible.

13. 3x0gR13N

That's because PE file emulation is slow by itself, on majority of security suites.
    Due to a layered approach, setting any components to High is completely unnecessary, as you'll gain pretty much nothing in terms of security.

14. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Ye i ended up by enabling interactive mode, enabling other into threats type, enabling high restricted for unknown application control and selected all types of malware to promt for into proactive defense module. I guess this is enough? :cool:

P.S. What about the updates part, anyway to make them faster? different server maybe?

15. 3x0gR13N

Yes.
    What speeds are you seeing reported in the Update report? What's your internet connection speed? Have in mind that it takes a lot of time just to compare if there are fresh databases for various components in the suite (KDB, EMU, WMUF, APU, ABDU (if Anti-banner is enabled), AS, HIPS etc.), the actual downloading part is relatively fast.

16. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Thanks for your answers and help!

Now to answer, i'm talking about regular updates, they seem not go go faster then around 30kbs, which is a joke compared to my experience with Norton, like constant 30 megabits+

I got 50 megabit connection. Should i select some country close to my region in order to speed up things?

17. 3x0gR13N

Well that's definitely slow. Are you downloading anything in the background?

There shouldn't be any effect in choosing a specific region as geographical location is already taken into consideration by default- if you can see *geo* in the update server name in reports it's selecting an update server nearest to you. But, you can try experimenting with changing you region in updater settings to see if it speeds up things.

18. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Nothing i download nothing in the background, but anyway i guess its not huge issue because the slow part was only the first few updates, now they are small anyway...so i guess i can live with it, thanks again for your help :thumb:

19. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

KIS takes like 20-30 minutes to update upon a fresh install for me. I have a 16mbps connection but still, KIS never exceed 50-230 KB/S download

I usually just click on UPDATE then go have dinner or take a shower.

20. xxJackxx

If you have the newest install with integrated patches a.b.c.d.e.f.g it isn't so bad. If not you have to wait for them all to download, plus patch .h on top of it. It is not uncommon on any recent product I have installed to have 100 MB of updates on a fresh install.

That said Kaspersky's update servers are slower than most.

21. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Yes, this is the best way to strengthen protection. BTW if you set it file system scanning to high, then it will scan more types of files and "Scan only new and changed files" will be unchecked, thus more slowdown, if you want more protection you could try setting only the heuristics higher, though that might of course cause more FP's.
    The update speeds have always been slow for me too, max a few hundred KB's, and my internet connection is 120 Mbit :p Even on wireless I can sometimes reach 8-10MB/sec on a 5 year old router, so I guess the update servers are indeed not that fast.

22. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

Thanks alot guys for the answers.

Can i suggest opening a thread, where we can find latest installation packages for security suites/avs? i think that is missing on this forum, or maybe even have sepperate threads with latest versions on first post/page available for download :thumb:

P.S. Maybe it can be done to already existing threads like this one in order to keep things simple?

23. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

i installed KIS 2012 last week and im very happy with it.
    Absolutely no issues what so ever.

It seems a very solid program and it is never heavy on the system.
    well done kaspersky.

24. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

Yeah, same here, although I've used various av products. Somehow I always return to Kaspersky. Its running very well here. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.