KAV AV6.0 personal & FlashGet

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zapjb, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I have NOD32 RTM & KAV personal 6.0 ondemand. I point FlashGet to avp.exe. But that brings up the console window when FlashGet is finished downloading. It does not bring up the ondemand scan window. KAV still works with right click context menu to scan a single file or files. How do I fix this or is this not possible? Leaving NOD32 as my only FlashGet option. Thanks.

2. .....

..... Registered Member

Read through the help file, as there is a large page on command line options ;)

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I looked over the page on command line options. Sorry I don't understand it. Would somebody be kind enough to explain? In reguards to scanning files FlashGet has just downloaded. As KAV is ondemand not RTM. Thanks.

4. rx2pc

rx2pc Registered Member

zapjb,

I know what you are going through.

There is documentation on commandline scanning in KAV as "....." points out.

However, good luck in getting it to work. As a matter of fact, this NEVER worked, even in V5 when it first came out. It worked only in V4.5. An update to V5 resolved this issue. This is such a simple feature and my biggest disappointment with them. I have many download managers(software junkie here), IDM, IDA, Leechget, Star Downloader , GetRight and all produce the same disappointing results.

My suggestion is to follow the beta testing and see if this gets addressed. I saw it mentioned there. However, I have no time any longer for it. This is the ONLY reason I still have V5 installed. It works! No parameters needed either.

Anyone else has suggestions here, I would like to hear it.

Edit: The forum is here in case you want to look.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/

5. .....

..... Registered Member

Adjust the location depending on where you install KAV to. That should scan files using default settings. You can adjust using addtional parameters.

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

This brings up a DOS box. And the box disappears quickly without being able to read the contents. Is this normal? Does this mean the file has been scanned & that its clean? What would happen if the file is dirty? Would the DOS box stay visible & inform me there is a virus in the file? Thanks.

7. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi zapjb

First, you have to define a folder where FlashGet stores downloaded files (eg C:\Downloads). Do not forget to store your downloaded files always in this folder, Otherwise, it won't work.
    Then open FlashGet, go to Tools > Options > File Manager;
    Check the box right before "Use virus scanner to scan the downloaded file(s)";
    Click on "Browser" and point to folder C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe;
    In "Args" box type avp.com SCAN "C:\Downloads";
    It works with one drawback: KAV will scan all files in this folder, not only the file you have just downloaded.
    I have just tested it on my system.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards

Rui

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  8. Rui

Rui Registered Member

zapjb

The DOS window only disappears if and when you follow rhe prompt "press any key" (eg: hit ENTER).
    Yes, KAV scans all files that exist in the predefined downloaded files storage folder.
    When a downloaded file is not clean, the DOS window informs the file is infected and you can see the prompt: "Disinfect<D>,Delete<L>,Skip<S>?" with a predefined selected "D" with flashing underscore.
    Regards
    Rui

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

OK that works. Thanks. But I still want KAV to focus on 1 file & have the pretty GUI. Not the DOS box.

10. Rui

Rui Registered Member

I guess you should send your request to KL or post it at KAV forums...
    Rui

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I did. And so far the help here is better. :)

12. .....

..... Registered Member

I don't use KAV no longer, but the GUI won't pop up if i remember correctly.

I think you can use PAUSE command to see the box. Instead of "C:\Downloads" as pointed out by Rui you can use %f to scan just the file.

13. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

The GUI does popup for KAV 3.5 & 5.0. I'm disappointed this feature isn't easily setup or has been eliminated in KAV 6.0.

14. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Me too!

Rui

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't want to ... but Spybot S&D and Panda are detecting FlashGet as a spyware (or at least they detected it some weeks ago) . I saw it with my own eyes .

16. rx2pc

rx2pc Registered Member

Actually, I did manage to get the GUI to popup when I played with this some time ago. However, the statistics are useless. It displays all zeros. This is probably due to the fact that the avp.com is involved and not avp.exe. Even though command line scanning is present in this version as opposed to the start of version 5, it is unacceptable to me. Scanning in a command window is a step backwards. The simple fact remains...as you said...the GIU on demand scan feature is not present in this version. This was the case in version 5 at the beginning as there was no command line scanning at all. It was then added as an update. My thinking is that this will happen for version 6 too.

17. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Earlier free versions were contained adwareThe paid for versions did not.Now the latest version is free and no longer payware.It is also clean.Some spyware scanners justect the name flashget and says spyware....which is now false.
    ellison

18. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Still no solution to getting KAV6 working with FlashGet. Ideas still welcome.

19. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is new for me however I still don't trust it . Thanks for this info , by the way :))

20. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

OK I have what works for me. Using KAV 6.0.0.300 & FlashGet 1.72. This doesn't open up the fancy GUI. But it scans the file(s) being downloaded. It opens a DOS box. The DOS box stays open & gives comprehensive results. Then press any key & the DOS box disappears.

In FlashGet: Tools - Options - File Manager. Put a check in the box: Use virus scanner to scan the downloaded file(s)

Then in the path. I put:
    C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe scan %1
    Adjust if your path is different.

In the Args: box leave empty.

Hope this helps. I pieced this together from the KAV & Wilders forum.

21. rx2pc

rx2pc Registered Member

I am happy that you managed to get it to work. This has not worked for me. I was doing some poking in their knowledgebase and found this interesting thing on command line scanning:

http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?qid=183365402

This makes me start to think twice about the command line scan ,for at least now.

22. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Very interesting reading. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.