KAV and IE?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I read somewhere today, and I do not remember where either here or the KAV forum, that someone uninstalled KAV and his IE quit working correctly. He reinstalled KAV and it worked OK, then uninstalled KAV and problems with IE.

I do not know enough to comment, except that I want to trial KAV 6. I have been trialing NOD, and like it. However, I would not be satisfied until I try out KAV.
    I have read of problems uninstalling KAV in the past.

I am sure several here have tested and uninstalled KAV. Have there been any problems, and especially with IE. I don't use IE normally, but sometimes it is required.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have had Kav installed and uninstalled many times with no problems. ;)

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks. We know that programs act differently on different systems. That is the first time I had heard of that conflict.

I am looking forward to trying KAV 6, but I will let it simmer a week or so and see if any problems arise when the average user gets it.
    It has always been strange that a manufacturer can build a tank and test it and pronounce it unbreakable. Then the first GI that uses it tears it up.

Some things just need a "field" test by average users.

Jerry

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The KAV forum.

I must have installed/uninstalled AVP 3/KAV4/5/6 beta many, many times without any problems.

There were some problems in removing iStreams in early versions of KAV 5 but this has been solved.

Occasionally, a loss of Internet/Browser connectivity has also been reported but this can take place with other AV's. Further, in the past, specific KAV cleaners have also been available for a more complete uninstall.

Enjoy the trial ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.