KAV, ADS & TDS3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Caratacus, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

I was hit by the first and second KAV "database corrupt" wipe-outs. KAV advised me to uninstall and reinstall KAVPP, which I did: but the second time, being somewhat cheesed off, I did not bother reinstalling KAV - instead switching to NOD32, for which I also have a licence. I set it up according to BlackSpear's rules & it is going great guns.

Since I uninstalled KAV, TDS3's alarm panel is picking up & listing lots of KAV NTFS ADSs eg "C:\windows32\winlogon.exe:kavichs".

Question: Is it OK to use TDS3 to delete these streams?

I'm not sure whether this thread should be in "Other Anti-virus software" or "Trojan Defense Suite" forum.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, it's safe, but much quicker to use NTFS Streams Eraser , or ADS spy , run once in normalmode and once in safemode, much quicker than doing it one by one in TDS-3. :)

3. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

There is a tool fronm Kaspersky to remove all traces of KAV. You can get it here. http://www.ice-kav.com/tools.php
    I had similar problems and I tried other AV programs, but after a clean uninstall, I went back to KAV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.