KAV ADS Questions.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iwod, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I read there is an option in KAV Pro to disable ADS insertion.

However in my trial version i could not find it. Does any one know how to disable it?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You might look here for some information. and here also. and you might check here as well.

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I have read those threads b4 hand.... but none of them mention where i could find the option.

Thx anyway since i have find it, i think it hide the setting very deep and is not very logical.

I am wondering after disabling istream is there any problem using NTFS stream remover by ronjor....... Since in theory if those stream are missing then it will only recreate itself if KAV scan again with istream enable.

If really so then why kaspersky advice to uninstall the AV b4 removing the stream? Or is this instruction specfic to KAVstream remover and not other stream remover?

4. Mem

Mem Guest

The KAV program hides and protects the ADS it creates so they can not be changed by others easily. This stops ADS removal programs from deleting them as long as KAV is present on the PC. KAV must be uninstalled for the stream removal programs to work the way they are designed.

When you reinstall, the first thing to do is to disable the options you don't want prior to runnning a full system scan. You may end up with ADS for the startup objects but not the rest of your files that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.