KAV 7 and macro protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TopperID, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Anyone know what KAV 7 does about macro protection?

The office guard of KAV 6 and KAV Pro 5 seems to have gone AWOL in Version 7 and the helpfile just refers to a 'macro tab' in the reports section outlining details of any dangerous macros scanned in office documents; however I cannot even find such a tab (perhaps it only appears when macros are scanned?).

Has KAV 7 lowered protection in this area, or just reorganised protection?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I personally have no idea how is this staying in Kaspersky products but from other products I can say that vendors no longer need to create special document scanners because:

1. The File system protections (those that scan on-create and on-access) will detect any threat
    2. As far as I know Microsoft Office (editions 2000 , 2002 , 2003 , 2007) as well as other Office-pack softwares have created options enabled by default to have macros disabled . Users must manually enable embedded macros and thus the risk remains low
    3. Macro viruses are very rare nowadays

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi topperID,
    im sure i read something about it at the kaspersky forums.
    grnic said office guard was taken out of kaspersky 7 since the pdm was so powerful it was no longer need.
    or somthing like that
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.