KAV 6 - scan priority?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ned Slider, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ned Slider

Ned Slider Registered Member

I'm trying out KAV 6 and have an issue with the scan priority. If another process is using the CPU, even when set to low priority, the scan process is extremely slow to dormant.

This presents a major issue for users who run distributed computing projects that constantly run at low priority in the background (such as BOINC/SETI etc). Although the process priority of KAV appears to be set to normal, it doesn't appear to take priority over background tasks running at low priority so a scan never finishes. It barely even finishes the scan of startup objects upon boot.

So is there an option to change the scan priority within KAV 6 to correct for this?

Ned

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, Ned, but i can't remember where it is :oops: ...................in 6.0.0.299 because i use a beta of a future version and it has been relocated in this and i have never had to uncheck this option (Pause virus scan when CPU is busy with other tasks), so look for it in the settings under service i believe, you can download documentation in PDF format here and there is already a new version out http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

There you go;

Attached Files:

4. Ned Slider

Ned Slider Registered Member

Brilliant!

Thanks gents :thumb:

I'm just struggling a bit to find options in the new interface :)

Thanks for the note about updates: I have 6.0.0.300 which appears to be the latest.

Ned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.