KAV 6 or NOD32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

^^ Ditto.

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Eset just loves the mystique...they are from the east ;) But I like what I see in KIS2006 more than what we see at NOD32 now too. Even with a license until mid 2008 for NOD32. So I like NOD but I'm starting to love KIS2006.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Eset are not hiding the new features of NOD 3. They probably have a list of features they would like to add BUT all of this needs testing first, particularly on the overall stability of the program. Why come out with a long list of features and then find out that for one reason or another they cannot implement some of them in the new version? A lot can change between the drawing board and the alpha, beta and gold release stages.

Kaspersky have offered their pre-betas and beta releases long before the gold release and some of theses releases have been very buggy. These have been released at an early stage so that KAV users can find out some of the bugs in the program and some of the software/hardware incompatibities. Saves Kaspersky time and money!

BUT most other AV's do not give any idea of the new features in an up and coming release and many do not even have open beta-testing. F-Prot and Dr Web for example and most of their testing is done in-house.

I am sure that Eset know what they would like in the new version and that they are aware of the features of competing programs.

4. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Although KAV 06 is in Beta, I still find it very good. In the not long ago days. KAV means - Highest detection rate at the cost of Huge resources usage and not very up to date proactive defense.

And i dont know what they did. KAV06 memory usage is MUCH lighter than all previous version. It is still not the lightest AV. But i would say it is very light ( if not the lightest ) when you add any AV with a Reg Monitor and all other features KAV06 has in it.

So in terms of resources usage i am impress. But i think CPU resources is till a little high to be called light. But any modern computer should handle it easily.

So for me, unless my computer can't afford to run KAV06. I will choose KAV06 over NOD 2.5 for now.

5. Marcelo

Marcelo Registered Member

That´s why I mention a list of CONFIRMED features. If they plan to release a new version early next year, they should know what they'll invest their time developing and what should be dropped around november/december the previous year... It´s not a decision to be made 1 or 2 months before planned release date.

And gives their current and prospective users a good idea of what their software will offer. I do not expect alpha and beta versions to work flawlessly. What I expect is a preview of what the finished product will be able to do.

That´s their decision. But I don't see those companies comment on their next product version when it´s still not ready.

Me too, but I´d like some hard facts to base my buying decisons.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  6. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

For the person trying to decide, I'd take a hard look at what's out there NOW. IMO, I love KAV and especially KAV/KIS2006, which is a couple months away. Heck you can just run the beta for free, till the retail comes out, if you want to hold off trying to decide.

It's a neverending cyle by these companies trying to "one up" the competitors. Every time y ou come up for renewal, you will see versions that are just around the corner that may be better than what you are using. It's inevitable. Your best bet is to make a decision on what's available today, otherwise you will be holding out, at every turn, for that next "one up" version and not have anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.