KAV 5.0 MP3 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Diver, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diver

Diver Registered Member

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I have, and i liked it. It was stable and the only bug that i saw was OE being blocked. Many nice enhancements. :)

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I ran the MP3 beta on my beater machine. It looks like the right features are being added, but the beta suffers from just that, it is a beta. I expect they will get it right in a month or two. The main thing I noticed is when installing I unchecked the box "install as recommended", or something like that, and unchecked both Istreans and the IDS boxes, but this had no effect. Also, the options for extended data bases appeared on the first install, but not on the second. Pretty typical beta stuff. I bet the RC will be really great, it was pretty together just before 227 came out. Next month...

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Ouch! Nothing like getting those darm ADS back on my computer. I may stay completely away from 5.0 MP3 and wait for 6 (am I being too optimistic?) unless I am 100% sure that I will never see KAVICH again.

I asked this question on ICE's board, but I might as well ask it here as well: Has anyone had a situation, or heard of a situation, where some malware got passed 4.5 that would have been trapped by any version of the 5.0 engine? The only reason I would go near 5.0 again (it has been really bad news for me) is if the 5.0 engine was better at catching malware. I use the 4.5 paranoid extended databases and at least all of the options work as they are suppose to.

Thanks for any info.

Rich

5. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Both versions are using the same engines. There are no differences between v.4.5 and v 5 in terms of detection rate.

tECHNODROME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.