KAV 5.0.325 and floppy scan?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lrtrees, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrtrees

lrtrees Registered Member

:doubt: I should know this, but can seem to find how to stop the scanning of my floppy on startup. Is there not a setting to disable this? I have looked, but am somehow missing it.

Thanks,
    Lon

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You could apply a registry hack to disable the startup scan and hence the checking of the floppy drive in the older version of KAV Personal, 5.0.227.

But as yet there is no such fix in the latest version and there is no configuration in the main GUI. Users are already complaining.

Obviously at the present time, Kaspersky see this startup scan as imperative!!!!!!

Since there is no difference in detection abilities between the two versions, you can always drop back to 5.0.227.

3. Blackcat

Hot off the press.

You can stop the startup scan from within the main program and so this will stop the checking of your floppy on bootup.

Apparently this startup scan is a feature of the on-demand scanner and not the RTM.

4. Blackcat

You need to select the options shown to disable the startup scan.

However, it is obviously not recommended to use these settings all the time. You do need to occasionally scan memory, startup objects and boot sectors to keep these areas malware-free.

Attached Files:

5. lrtrees

lrtrees Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat. I saw those settings but was not sure if they were what I wanted. All I am really looking for is for the program to stop looking at my floppy drive. There is never anything in it and I just do not want to listen to it. But if I am disabling some other needed features by doing this, just to get rid of the noise, then I will put up with it.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.