Kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by volvic, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volvic

volvic Registered Member

2. entropism

entropism Registered Member

The US version of 2010 was released a while back. Did you miss it on their home page?

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

@Volvic - so you're interested in Kaspersky now!? After your comment on the Eset forum?

"KIS and KAV are horrible monstrosities, which make your machine sluggish (although clearly it must work for some people ....)!"

Anyway, 2010 has been released for like 2 months now.

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

5. sourav_gho

sourav_gho Registered Member

6. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

They are not playing anything. Betanews lists the newer BETA version, the actual release version has lower build number :) (.691 vs. .463)

7. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

8. sourav_gho

ok buddy...I know u tried but please try again... :)
    Ok... please post the GSI log and traces of KIS in their forums they are on the process of releasing Critical Fix 2(Beta testing going on), so ur problems might be fixed, the developers need to find the root of ur problems(GSI logs +traces). You can post your issues in performance and compatibility thread of beta testing
    PS: In my system KIS 2010 build 463 is running very smooth no issues. I also had some issues in build 459, like BSOD and system instability with GOM player and winamp, I posted in their forum with traces and details and it was fixed in build 463.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  9. volvic

volvic Registered Member

You are quoting me out of context, refer to my other posts as well before making assumptions, please.

10. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I'm thinking the browsing slowdown might just be how the web AV scans and there's not much that can be done. Since the delay isn't THAT long but long enough to notice. The slight freezes are perplexing, though.

11. sourav_gho

ok it could from anything maybe bcoz of any software... its always better to post the problems and u can get it fixed:thumb:

12. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Thanks, perhaps the freezes can be solved at least. I'll try with Prevx off first.

13. sourav_gho

ok it could from anything maybe bcoz of any software... its always better to post the problems and u can get it fixed:thumb:
    Anyways, did u tried surfing by disabling web av?

14. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Yes, turning off Web AV helps.

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

but wouldnt turning off web av make rogue sites more of a issue.

16. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

There's a slight risk; probably not worth worrying about since I'm not a high risk surfer.

17. sourav_gho

Hey man u can always surf in kaspersky sandbox(saferun) while surfing... ;)

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

.691 has to be the worst beta yet. I mean I could live with the last but the was the first that ever did self shut downs and ask me to send the info. To much, to much, simplify the product again, please.

19. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Please be patient Trjam.
    It will be back. Lot's of bugs are collected and they will solve it

20. volvic

volvic Registered Member

They need to rewrite it from the ground up.

21. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

How much protection do you lose by staying with KIS 2009 and not upgrading to KIS 2010? Right now, that's what I'm doing and just waiting until some of these problems get fixed.

22. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Same problem here, .691 is just plain unstable. I hope they fix it, and the annoying right click explorer.exe crash that has existed for months.

23. sourav_gho

Friends,
    .691 is a beta version, and it will be updated to next beta in next few days, so it is bound to be unstable, .691 is for beta testing, if you are using it, please upload the traces along with issues you are facing, the next stable version you use is almost guaranteed to be stable in your system. Thatz what I emphasized before and I am telling again, I also had issues i traced and posted in their forum, and I am enjoying it presently in my system without any issues.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  24. sourav_gho

Hi,
    Developers are doing their best and lot of bugs are collected. But to make double sure you could post your issues along with traces, it would most probably be fixed

25. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Hi guys,

The purpose of the beta testing that Kaspersky conduct is to find such bugs, and fix them before a build is called a "release" build..... I find that Kaspersky certainly allow the public testing of quite "raw" builds with obvious bugs pr imcomplete functionaltiy, but people who do test should be well aware of the risks and bugs because it is plastered all over the beta forum in bolded lettering. The main problem lies with other tech sites which upload the beta builds without adequate warning that they are unstable and are not yet optimised. I get the impression a lot of people assume that "beta" builds are reflective of the final product and therefore those bugs that are in one beta build will surely be in the final....which is incorrect.....even a product at technical release status can undergo bugfixes and changes before official release...

When new technology is introduced into builds, or settings are changed, crashes/hangs and other bugs are bound to occur and this is the reason why we test- so these bugs are found, and fixed in the next release version. It is not reflective of the quality of the final product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.