Kaspersky v.8 (2009) Official Technical Release is out

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. searaider

searaider Registered Member

when i go to the icon in system tray and i click about it says version 8.0.0.357 (a.b), what this means, the a.b, anyone knows?

2. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

Patches a and b to solve bugs and problems ... some days ago You had to reboot Your system after an update of KIS.

Regards.

3. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

How does the new virtual keyboard protect online surfing? Does it work only with IE? How about IM and other programs?

Thanks.

4. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

The virtual keyboard prevents keystroke logging. It works in all browsers (although I read about some issues with Firefox, and don't know if they're fixed). It works with IM-s and any other program where you type something.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

so now they are making you buy a new lic huh?? man forget that i own 20+ copies no way im paying to migrate them all this sucks..i now have at least half my systems telling me the act code is not compatable with 2009.. they are full retail versions.. im furious

6. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

even if they are not compatible it doesn't mean you have to buy. what does support say (maybe they'll exchange it)?

7. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

V6 licenses need to be exchanged in order to work with V2009.... it's the same as always (v5 licenses needed to be exchanged when V7 came out etc)

www.kaspersky.com/helpdesk

Submit a request and they should exchange the key for you.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey baz,not always my two kav 6 boxed keys worked with kis2009 without having to contact support.

9. Karen76

Karen76 Registered Member

The key file I obtained for the 3-year KIS v6 license I bought last year from Systweak works fine for KIS v2009.

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

okay they told me i guess they had activation issues last night and i was reinstalling some of my systems during that time. so that was the reason for the issue. the keys work fine now..

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

see? don't judge things on first glance :D

12. noway

noway Registered Member

How much memory is it using (all processes)? I know this will be different for each person but I just want a sample before I consider trying it.

13. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

35Mb over two processes; without GUI being run but will all protection and connected to the Internet. Thats one the reasons I love it! :D

14. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Around 31 MB.

15. noway

noway Registered Member

Thanks. That's not too bad.

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

gonna be reduced soon with the C hotfix.

17. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Not bad!!!!o_O I would say that for what it is doing that is damn good compared to some of the competition...IMHO!:D

18. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Agree.In fact on my vista pc without the parental control module and anti phishing it uses around 21 MB which is great.But i have a big problem on my laptop xpprosp3 with Directory opus.I seen on kaspersky forum that they are aware of it,i hope they'll fix it as i want to use kis on my xp laptop.

19. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I really don't understand why 5 or 10 MB less ram usage excites you that much.

Most people have now at least 1 GB of ram and some MB don't make any difference at all, at least I cannot find any difference. If anyone with vista PC and 2 GB ram can spot a difference in PC response with 10 MB ram more or less, please post here.

KIS v.8 is lighter than v.7 in terms of CPU load and response time. There is a difference in applications loading, which of course is not due to less ram usage but due to better written application and less CPU activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.