Kaspersky Total Security beta testing

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Yuck.. here is a tip. Look at the Norton 360 v4 Beta user-interface.

2. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

o wow, was it really necessary to throw in a "system tuneup" utility? like EVERY other 360 suite with THAT useless feature... ITS SECURITY SOFTWARE, what is a system tuneup doing in an antivirus product...

4. icr

icr Registered Member

Well if you say was it necessary then I would say NO but if you want to keep up the pace with the top products out there in the market then I would say its another 360 suite.
    Come on!! It was definitely coming some day it is same as other 360 suites (norton,panda,Gdata,BD.......)

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

You would be surprised to see how many people want suites like these. It really is a big market. maybe not for the really security geeks like people around here but the market is larger. kaspersky was the one who kept it a long time without but now they decides to keep up with; Norton, BD, Panda, McAfee etc..

6. firzen771

well if we wanna stay on that path lets include a media player, a music library jukebox, an office suite and hey why not some photo editing abilities as well... lol, that way the user NEVER has to use anything but this :)

7. quanzi_1507

Maybe you haven't tested it yet? The TUNEUP features in KTS aren't those useless regdefrag or diskdefrag.

Besides, using suites like these will limit the chance of softwares incompatibility. If Norton includes a web browser in their products I will definitely give it a try ;)

8. firzen771

ah so the system tuneup only checks for vulnerabilities in ur system? if thats the case, calling it system tuneup isnt exactly the word id choose to describe its function best...

9. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Its the pitfalls of russian to english translation :)

It's the first "rough" beta...hence why the forum is visible for registered users only....I'm sure they will change quite a few things, including the naming of certain components.

10. quanzi_1507

I second that :thumb:

"TuneUp" in "total" suites often refers to "optimizing system by cleaning/defragging hard drives/registry"

11. firzen771

yes it wuld clear up a lot of confusion :D

12. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

This move by Kaspersky their real motive, which is its not about building great software to protect PCs, its about making money, plain and simple.

13. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

I have to agree I'm not much interested in some of the new modules of the new KTS 2010 ... but referring about Your comment about making money ... what about Symantec 360? ... I see there almost the same extra modules ...

Regards.

14. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

[sarcastic tone] A company wanting to make money? Thats a shocker - damn right out of order! [/sarcastic tone] :cautious:

Also, you seem very negative. Just because they're developing/merging other features, why cant they continue to "build a great software to protect PCs"? - Cant having more profits help investment and allow purchasing of additional resources?

There is a market for security products which simply protect users from malware (which Kaspersky and other AVs sell in), so its giving people who want to be secure and protected what they want - KAV

There is a market for security products which protect users from malware and network intrusion, phishing and all the other attacks (which Kaspersky and other AVs sell in), so its giving people who want to be secure and protected what they want - KIS

There is a market for security products which have the additional features on top of KIS - which KTS offers, so again, its giving people what they want - KTS/Symantec360

Wouldn't cutting down in "building a great software to protect PCs" will loose revenue of KAV, KIS and KTS? - surely not a good business decision and most of us know that - including Kaspersky HO of-course!

Just because you may not want it, doesn't mean others don't. Dont forget, there are other people in the world ;)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  15. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Hey bro, you typed it incorrectly: it's not Kaspersky but Symantec the word that fits in your statement :D

16. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You read my mind.

17. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

And mine...this Macstorm fella is good :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.