Kaspersky teenager!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by steve1955, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Anybody else think that Kaspersky should have called their Kis 2011 "the teenager":-because like a teenager it seems to think that all resources are only there just for them,in a teenagers case its food in the cupboard,your TV and electricity/gas etc,with Kis 2011 its memory and CPU hogging and like a teenager any problems are always down to something /someone else its always mum,dad,sister,brother school etc in the teenagers case with Kis its down to something installed on your PC or something you had installed years back or your PC not being up to the task,even if it far exceeds the spec Kaspersky say is needed:-with both neither are ever to blame for any problems they cause!

2. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

That's not only wrong for Kaspersky, but also for many teenagers, including me.

Memory and CPU hogging? Really? I don't know how much its drivers take RAM, but its processes take 9 mb at the moment. CPU usage is at 0% all the time unless I load a new website in the browser when it can reach up to 10%. Wow. There's only 90% left for other programs, really paralyzing, isn't it? The only thing where it's a bit heavy is disk usage, but even that hasn't caused any long slowdowns in all the 6 PCs I've used KIS 2011 so far.

Also you're blaming just KIS 2011, so 2010 must be lighter then? I really think KIS 2011 is faster now with CF2.

Probably my only post on the subject anymore.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

not tried cf2:-gave up on 2011 before it was released because of system and internet slowdowns,like being back on dial-up! and to be honest is was so bad I can't be bothered reinstalling the latest build:-would be nice if they actually released a version on "release" that ran OK instead of having to wait for a few critical fixes and about six months down the line,up till kis 2011 I had only ever used Kaspersky products on this PC so my probs wasn't caused by remnants of other AV's(a fav reason for problems)but was caused by the product itself:-and random memory and CPU spikes were the order of the day with earlier builds,up to and including 400
    Unless the next product is a vast improvement and works as intended on its initial release(a few minor bugs are OK)I will not be using Kaspersky again:-every new product for last few years has been released with major bugs that have not been fixed until months after initial release,but I do admire the fanboys/ostriches who bury their heads in the sand and ignore probs or try to pretend they don't exist

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  4. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

KIS is in a perpetual Beta. Paying customers like me inadvertenly end up Beta testing their crappy products. I am sick of it. Happened in 2010, happened again in 2011. Fortunately I get their product at $0 at MIR at my local store.

Kaspersky and Co. can learn something about delivering quality products from their buddies across the road in the Russian mail order bride business :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.