Kaspersky slows it down?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 337, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 337

337 Registered Member

Well I found one, had to edit its size though.. May-be no suits will befall me either!!!:cool:

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

CJsDad....

Where on the Kaspersky site were you able to get the upgrade from KAV to KIS and get the 30% discount? I couldn't find anything about upgrading or getting a discount.

3. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

You have to contact Kaspersky Support or Kaspersky online sales
    Send them an e mail requesting an upgrade and tell them you would like a 30% discount.

They will send you an email requesting your product information, order/reference number.
    This is so they can refund your money from the previous purchase.

Once you send them the information you will get another e mail confirming the refund along with a discount code for 30% off that you can use to upgrade to KIS 6.

As I previously posted I should have went with the 2 year deal on KIS, with the 30% discount its the same as buy 1 year, get 1 year free.

4. Graystoke

Thanks CJsDad.

5. 337

337 Registered Member

Please forgive me (I'm slow):D, it took a a while to figure out you were responding to my original question...lol

I really haven't seen any slow downs on my Notebook. It runs great!!
    Now I want to start layering my protection---without crippling performance. Been looking into spywareblaster.

6. marcromero

marcromero Guest

If your running KIS 6 full on, I wouldn't think you'd need a layered security approach. Do you not feel safe and secure with the big "K" ?

7. 337

337 Registered Member

I only feel truly secure when my PC is switched off; However, I feel that I have the best suite money can buy..
    From what I have read a layered defense is always better than apps. from one vendor alone..o_O

8. marcromero

marcromero Guest

You know, Kaspersky doesn't like to share it's turf with to many outsiders, especially their internet security suite.

9. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Thats not true, i use it with several different types of security related software, the only thing it doesn't like is another AV...which is a bad idea no matter which AV we're talking about anyway.:)

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I was thinking another HIPS type program, because of the PDM, wouldn't they be stepping all over each other ?

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Mac, try Prosecurity, it looks like a promising product. I am trying it and it is light, lighter then Cyberhawk as far as my system operating responses, and basically preset out of the box.

12. Don Pelotas

Aha, yes thats generally not recommended with any behavior type of app whether, Reg/AppDefend, PrevX, ProcessGuard or the PDM, so if you like another program, simply uninstall the PDM.

13. 337

337 Registered Member

I will look in to that. Thanks!!

14. Graystoke

I uninstalled my KAV 6, which has not caused any slow downs, so that I could give KIS 6 trial version a try. No slow downs with it either. KIS 6 is a great product. I might have to purchase a KIS 6 license now. :)

15. 337

337 Registered Member

No no no!!! I want all the features enabled...just want to add more spy ware protection, without killing performance in the process. Any suggestions?

16. marcromero

marcromero Guest

The free version of SUPERAntiSpyware seems to be used by alot of members for occasional on demand scans.

17. 337

337 Registered Member

I was thinking along the lines of spy ware blaster as it does not run in the background. I really don't want to bog my system down..:)
    Ooops you said the free version as a scanner....good deal!! May try it on my test machine!!

18. Don Pelotas

I was not not not!!! responding to one of your posts/quesions;), but instead one of marcromero's, SUPERAntiSpyware is a nice free tool.

19. 337

337 Registered Member

:D fine then... No really I do appreciate any posts or reply s on this subject! I just want it known that I do not want to disable any features, but merely to add
    a little more spy ware protection. I feel that spy ware is the biggest threat in todays times.. IMHO. :D

20. 337

337 Registered Member

Well, I for one really like how it runs on my notebook. I think you will be getting a top shelf product!!!:thumb:

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I fear Trojans more.
    lodore

22. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i fear worms (not the real ones :) )... nasty little blighters they are.

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

lol.
    what can be worse than a remote access Trojan? or rootkit?
    lodore

24. 337

337 Registered Member

When you migrate to KIS6, will you add anything else to protect against those nasties?

25. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nope i will just use spy sweeper which i already have as on demand scan and run some other on demand scans.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.