Kaspersky? Slowing My Machine Down

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Last week i installed The latest official beta of Kaspersky AV 2006 (i used to have V5 personal, which run fine, i uninstalled this first through add remove programs). But i am suspecting the KAV6 beta may be causing this problem. But however I also had an automatic update to a new version of online armour but i doubt it is that causing this.

But after bootup, things are fine. But then after using my computer for a while (a few hours usually) it starts to drag like a snail. i.e programs will take an age to start. If i hold my mouse pointer over icons it takes an age for the icon to recognise it. if i minimise a program it will take minutes for my desktop to show again.

So then when i switch off my machine i get a whole bunch of not responding programs (i.e that not responding program would you like to end now message). I get them for my free download manager, my outpost, my online armour, my HP printer application, my fineprint application.

The only changes to my system i have made in the last week that could have caused this is i have installed Kaspersky AV 2006 official beta, the latest online armour and Nero 7.

What is causing this and how do i fix it. As it is very annoying.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have never used Online Armor so I cannot comment on that. I have been using Kaspersky 2006 (beta) for a while and not experienced anything like what you are saying, in fact I have experienced nothing but good things from it. I would suggest doing various scans; virus, spyware (multiple scanners), and Hijack This! Your problems seems to be malware related to me. Also, do a registry scan and clean it out. That should help.

3. controler

controler Guest

Anthony

turn off the proactive defence once just to see if it is that in your case.

If it is, let Kaspersky know ok? After all it is a beta right?

controler

4. storm119

storm119 Registered Member

Hi Anthony,

Try run full system scan...and reboot your machine after complete the full scan. See if this help.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Absolutely report this to Kaspersky. A lot of people aren't having problems with the beta, but alas I am. You might try turning off File-Antivirus and see if that helps. I have to run with it off, or when i reboot, its terrible.

Pete

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Sounds like something is using all your cpu.Id download trial version of iarsn taskinfo and see what app is causing the problems....
    http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html
    ellison

7. Rui

Rui Registered Member

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Well, if it does have a memory leak problem then my eyes must be deceiving me, because it is using 6.5mb after a full day of use here, of course i'm not using P2P clients so.........;) :)

9. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If Kav, OA & Nero 7 is the only new installs in a while, you're probably best adviced to troubleshoot with Kav + OA in mind and think real hard about when it started. On the other hand Nero 7 is very new........

Have you tweaked the Kav settings or have you kept the recommended settings in Kav?

10. Peter2150

I would not really suspect Online Armor. I know to check on my problem which is horribly slow boot up, I did uninstalls, of other stuff and saw no improvement. As to what you can do. Wait, remember this is a beta.

11. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Peter,

Based on my own tests, I'd agree. I installed the most recent version of OA with KIS builds 223 and 224. Some speed loss, but no overbearing, I'd rate the combination as roughly equal to the current release of KAV 5.0 in speed on my machine. Almost default installs for both as well as KIS installed without the Proactive Defense module. Startup scan disabled for KIS, stealth suppressed. Only other security application installed was BOClean.

Blue

12. Peter2150

Hi Blue

As you probably read on the forum, finally got confirmation someone else has seen my problem. It is Graf, so it is in good hands. They will find it.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.